Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing radio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
#1RAGE
I want to replace the aftermarket Blaupunkt cassette/AM/FM unit that that is in my car with a new CD player unit. I'm having trouble figure out how to remove the old radio. Maybe I'm just blind and not seeing something. Never done this before so maybe I'm just lacking the experience. huh.gif

I already removed the lower part of the dash that has the adjustable air vents on it... and that didn't really open up any options for me.

A little help would be great.

Thanks biggrin.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (#1RAGE @ Jul 12 2005, 01:42 PM)
I want to replace the aftermarket Blaupunkt cassette/AM/FM unit that that is in my car with a new CD player unit. I'm having trouble figure out how to remove the old radio. Maybe I'm just blind and not seeing something. Never done this before so maybe I'm just lacking the experience. huh.gif

I already removed the lower part of the dash that has the adjustable air vents on it... and that didn't really open up any options for me.

A little help would be great.

Thanks biggrin.gif

got a picture?

is the used unit a DIN style or does it have the 2 knobs like the old stereos?

got a picture??

#1RAGE
Ya here ya go.

#1RAGE
And the under dash.
goose2
Just like mine! I think you just pull the knobe off and unscrew the nuts underneath them...voila
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (goose2 @ Jul 12 2005, 04:00 PM)
Just like mine! I think you just pull the knobe off and unscrew the nuts underneath them...voila

agree.gif

all 2-knobbers have a little nut under the knobs... and there looks to be an attachment at the back too... there SHOULD be anyway... that one is HARD to get to though...
Mueller
QUOTE (goose2 @ Jul 12 2005, 02:00 PM)

ditto.....

it looks like that black sheetmetal piece might have a screw thru it as well to support if from behind.
McMark
Pull the knobs straight towards you until they come off, there are nuts behind them that hold the stereo in place.

The new style stereos will fit in the opening in the dash. You may have to use a metal file in the corners a bit to make it fit. If you want the dash material to look original, you have to make a plate like this out of sheet metal and use double sided foam tape to stick it to the dash. You can get basket weave material from an upholstery shop or I can get you some.

Here's a picture of one I did. The shiny metal is custom piece you'd have to make.
#1RAGE
Thanks everyone! I got it! mueba.gif

Now I need to pick up a cd player and install it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.