Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Ramble (WCR) 2020
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
BuddyV
WCR 2020, November 5th - 8th, Petaluma, CA.

***** Please read the second post on this thread for REGISTRATION details *****

After cancelling the WCR that was scheduled for July 2020, so many of us have been struggling to get through the many challenges that have hit us from MANY different angles. My hope was that the health and economy of our great country would be better by now.... but it seems that getting back to "normal" may take a while.

That said, some of us feel that we can manage a WCR by focusing on the drives and respecting social distancing.

So.....

I propose that we schedule a WCR for this year - November 5 - 8th, 2020. Petaluma, California.

Arrive Thursday, depart Sunday.

I cannot promise that we will have ALL of the details associated with other WCR's, but with the help of local members like TygaBoy (Chris) and Mark Howard, we will make it a fun and exciting event.

Here's what you can expect:

* Social Distancing and mask-wearing
* Box lunches and outdoor BBQ style meals
* T-Shirt
* Trophies / Awards (longest drive to the event, most original car, best custom build, etc.)
* Tech Day
* 50th Anniversary Grill Badge!!!!!
Mystery / Surprise event

And.....

EPIC DRIVES!!!!!

Here's the reality..... getting back to normal may take a while. In the meantime, driving our cars is one of the things that we can still manage to do responsibly and safely. The Wine Country of Sonoma County has endless backroads just waiting for us to tear up!

Registration is TBD, but will be in the spirit of other WCR events..... well-under $100 including T-shirt and a Group Meal. I will also try to have a special Grill Badge made up for this special year (optional).

The suggested motel will (again) be the Motel 6 in Petaluma. They were the most affordable this last time around, and ...... wait for it....... are located one block from the Lagunitas Brewing Company"!!!! The same side of the block, in fact! You don't even need to navigate crossing the street! They have a beer garden that will make for a very nice home base for us.

(Don't expect a lot from the Motel..... you will likely get a room for around $100/night.... in an area where the average is around $300/night). But the motel is centrally located, and safe.

Here is the info for the Motel:

Motel 6
(707) 765-0333
1368 N. McDowell Blvd.
Petaluma, CA 94954

The weather in November is awesome in the Bay Area. Not too hot/cold.

Before anyone shoots me too many questions, let me just say this...... I do not expect everything to go perfectly as planned. I will do my best to make plans that center around driving, primarily. Everything else will be planned with the expectation that plans could change due to ... well.... whatever. The good thing is that we are all used to last-minute change.

Short of a major emergency, the event will go on with as many participants that sign up and show up. We can make this a memorable event with 2 members or 100.

More details and a sign up system to follow...... for now, I wanted to give everyone a couple of months to plan.

Thank you to all the members who have been encouraging us to make this happen..... not only for the drives, but as a way to stay in touch and have a great time with fellow members.

smilie_pokal.gifClick to view attachment
BuddyV
We are ready to take your registration for WCR 2020!!!!

Dates are finalized as November 5th - 8th

Please send an email to me, Robert (Buddy V.) to begin the registration..... I will reply with an attendee information sheet that I will use to know the car you are bringing, special diet needs, contact info, etc.

email: robert@northbayofficefurniture.com

Cost for the event will be $75/person ($65/attendee now... no t-shirt). (paypal same address)

Your $75 ($65) will help us cover the cost of the BBQ dinner on Saturday, T-shirt, Awards, beer, water, donuts, possibly an event poster, etc, etc......

We are planning the heck out of the drives to make sure you enjoy Sonoma/Napa counties..... We are super excited to host all of you for three+ days of driving & socializing.

Here is a general peek at the agenda (detailed agenda will be sent to you prior to the event):

Thursday, November 5th:
Arrive and relax (make sure to book your room at the Motel 6). No formal plans this day, but I will make sure that we gather at a beer garden at happy hour. Lagunitas is 100 yards away from the hotel. Details to follow.

Friday, November 6th:
Morning drive to Napa.... we will be stopping half way at a winery that has a killer deli..... relax a bit for lunch, and continue the drive. Head back toward home..... second drive that afternoon. Optional dinner/beer gathering to finish the day.

Saturday, November 7th:
Meet up early for coffee and donuts..... a bit of a surprise "Tech Day" in the planning stages. Morning drive consists of the Sonoma Coast (Epic!). Dinner this evening is the group dinner.... BBQ and awards ceremony.

Sunday, November 8th:
Although this is the final day and most will be departing, we are open to the idea of continuing the event for those able to stay an additional day. This will be a slower driving day.... stop at a couple of wineries and take it easy. Optional dinner at a "nicer" location (Bring cleaner jeans). I will open the final day to anyone interested. This might be a great option for those of you bringing a spouse.

The following members have expressed interest in attending. I will mark as "PAID" once I receive your Paypal.

Registered Members: (44) cars! .... and counting

BuddyV (Paid)
MarkHoward (Paid)
Tygaboy (Paid)
CoonDog (Paid)
Krieger (Paid)
Jim Hoyland (Paid)
RoadGlue (+1) (Paid)
JRUST (Paid)
Mueller (Paid)
914-300Hemi (+1) (Paid)
Steve (Paid)
JamesJ (Paid)
WES (Paid) +2
Fiacra (Paid)
FL000 (+1) (Paid)
Tony OOC (paid) (+1)
Flat4Guy (+1) (Paid)
Strawman (+1) (Paid)
914 Toy (Paid)
Slam254 (Paid)
RetroRacer (Paid)
Alfred C. (screen name TBD) (paid)
Cairo94507 (+1) (Paid)
Andyrew (Paid)
Rmarx (+1) (Paid)
DucRS (Paid)
DannyMac (+1) (Paid)
MikeD (Paid)
D. Dalen (Paid)
Mike 63 (Paid)
TRE Cup (Paid)
"Wyvern" (Paid)
"DK23" (Paid)
Isaac Potter (Paid)
914 RZ-1 (Paid)
PCA 7GGR (Paid)
914 Boss (Paid)
Mitch Rossi (Paid)
Dan 10101 (Paid)
Greg Welch (Paid)
914-6R (Paid)
Lawrence from SF (Paid)
bobboinski (Paid)
Optimusglen (Paid)
Rick1952 (Paid) (+1)
914Toy
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Aug 21 2020, 06:02 PM) *

Registered Members:

I am in.
markhoward
In, of course!
tygaboy
As before, I can offer a few trailer/camper/car parking spaces vs parking at the motel. I'm about 2.8 miles from the motel.

Please contact me and I'll update this post when/if I fill up.

This will be a great time and I can't hardly wait to seeing everyone! driving.gif driving.gif
DucRS
I’m in. First ever “any” event with my 73 biggrin.gif
drem914
just blocked out the week/weekend on the calendar.
wes
piratenanner.gif Absolutely!
Cairo94507
My brother and I are in. beerchug.gif
gonzo54

Registered Members:

I'm in-Looking forward to the Wine Country Drives!

-Rick
914-300Hemi
Michelle and I are in. piratenanner.gif
Coondog
I am in
Tonyooc
Woohoo.....I'll check my schedule I should be in
Krieger
Yes please! driving.gif beer3.gif
Retroracer
Possible / would like to: but CA wildfires may affect all plans in my immediate future.

- Tony
JamesJ
I’m in. Looking forward to it and thanks for coordinating!
RoadGlue
I'll be there!
TC 914-8
I’m interested but will be towing with the RV. Any RV parks or resorts in the area close to the hotel ?
BuddyV
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Aug 23 2020, 08:15 PM) *

I’m interested but will be towing with the RV. Any RV parks or resorts in the area close to the hotel ?

Petaluma has a very nice KOA.... check it out. my family has stayed there, and were impressed.

or reach out to Tygaboy..... he has offered RV parking. Not sure of the limitations.... and the KOA would have showers, etc.

Good luck.

Call me if there is anything that I can do locally to arrange your stay:

Robert (707) 888-1857
Chris914n6
I'd love too, but it depends on my current situation at the time.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Aug 23 2020, 08:21 PM) *

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Aug 23 2020, 08:15 PM) *

Petaluma has a very nice KOA.... check it out. my family has stayed there, and were impressed.

or reach out to Tygaboy..... he has offered RV parking. Not sure of the limitations.... and the KOA would have showers, etc.

Good luck.

Call me if there is anything that I can do locally to arrange your stay:

Robert (707) 888-1857

Thanks Robert !!!
I googled the area and that was the first place to show up. I also have friends and a few projects happening in that area.
Give me a week or so to pull the trigger.
Thanks !!!
808 WRX
I'll be there for at least one of the days happy11.gif
ValcoOscar
I'm 99.14 % sure I can make it.

Oscar

Click to view attachment
framos914
Will definitely try to make it. Gotta install a trailer hitch, not completely confident on driving the 914 that far yet.
PanelBilly
I need to practice flat towing the car a bit before I commit but it does sound fun.
jim_hoyland
I'm going....Room booked from 4th to 8th
flat4guy
we're in, yaaaaay. Wife's a teacher so only able to go Sat and Sun, do the fun stuff then please. haha
914werke
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 24 2020, 03:43 PM) *
I need to practice flat towing the car a bit before I commit but it does sound fun.

Youll need a bracket...I know a guy shades.gif

Click to view attachment
flat4guy

beerchug.gif

After cancelling the WCR that was scheduled for July 2020, so many of us have been struggling to get through the many challenges that have hit us from MANY different angles. My hope was that the health and economy of our great country would be better by now.... but it seems that getting back to "normal" may take a while.

That said, some of us feel that we can manage a WCR by focusing on the drives and respecting social distancing.

So.....

I propose that we schedule a WCR for this year - November 5 - 8th, 2020. Petaluma, California.

I cannot promise that we will have ALL of the details associated with other WCR's, but with the help of local members like TygaBoy (Chris) and Mark Howard, we will make it a fun and exciting event.

* T-Shirt
* Trophies / Awards (longest drive to the event, most original car, best custom build, etc.)
* Tech Day
Mystery / Surprise event

And.....

EPIC DRIVES!!!!!

Here's the reality..... getting back to normal may take a while. In the meantime, driving our cars is one of the things that we can still manage to do responsibly and safely. The Wine Country of Sonoma County has endless backroads just waiting for us to tear up!

Registration is TBD, but will be in the spirit of other WCR events..... well-under $100 including T-shirt and a Group Meal. I will also try to have a special Grill Badge made up for this special year (optional).

The suggested motel will (again) be the Motel 6 in Petaluma. They were the most affordable this last time around, and ...... wait for it....... are located one block from the Lagunitas Brewing Company"!!!! The same side of the block, in fact! You don't even need to navigate crossing the street! They have a beer garden that will make for a very nice home base for us.

(Don't expect a lot from the Motel..... you will likely get a room for around $100/night.... in an area where the average is around $300/night). But the motel is centrally located, and safe.

Motel 6
(707) 765-0333
1368 N. McDowell Blvd.
Petaluma, CA 94954

Before anyone shoots me too many questions, let me just say this...... I do not expect everything to go perfectly as planned. I will do my best to make plans that center around driving, primarily. Everything else will be planned with the expectation that plans could change due to ... well.... whatever. The good thing is that we are all used to last-minute change.

Short of a major emergency, the event will go on with as many participants that sign up and show up. We can make this a memorable event with 2 members or 100.

More details and a sign up system to follow...... for now, I wanted to give everyone a couple of months to plan.

Thank you to all the members who have been encouraging us to make this happen..... not only for the drives, but as a way to stay in touch and have a great time with fellow members.

smilie_pokal.gif

Called Motel 6 - $150/night with taxes. Had to laugh, they said to bring cleaning supplies as theirs are running out. haha
ConeDodger
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Aug 26 2020, 10:10 PM) *

beerchug.gif

So.....

* T-Shirt
* Tech Day
Mystery / Surprise event

And.....

EPIC DRIVES!!!!!

Motel 6
(707) 765-0333
1368 N. McDowell Blvd.
Petaluma, CA 94954

smilie_pokal.gif

Called Motel 6 - $150/night with taxes. Had to laugh, they said to bring cleaning supplies as theirs are running out. haha

Did they also mention the place might be on fire unless it rains? blink.gif
RoadGlue
chair.gif

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 26 2020, 06:19 PM) *

Did they also mention the place might be on fire unless it rains? blink.gif

eric9144
Damn I want to do a WCR dry.gif
Think I'd have to trailer my car from San Diego though...

Hope everyone up there is safe from the fires!
FL000
The wife and I are in. Time to get the car off jack stands. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
Jack Standz
Please include us (me +1).
PotterPorsche
I’m in !! Sounds like a great time
JRust
I'm in! Doing Red Rocks next week. Who'd a thought I could make 2 events this year piratenanner.gif
914-300Hemi
icon_bump.gif
BuddyV
Greetings from WCR Headquarters!

I expect to have more information and registration set up in the next week.

I met with the team this morning to start planning drives and the schedule for the weekend. Look for more details this week.

beerchug.gif

Robert
(707) 888-1857
ThinAir
Oooo... This is so tempting!
fiacra

Registered Members:

In.
flat4guy
My daughter lives near there and says the smoke is clearing - good for top down driving. Looking forward to seeing the schedule to make sure we don't miss the good stuff.
BuddyV
.... Bump.

Let's get registered!!

Check out second post on this thread for registration info.

beerchug.gif
tygaboy
And don't forget to PM me if you want to camp or park your trailer and/or car at my place. I can accommodate a couple / three trailers and probably 5 cars (outside parking, but at the end of a lane, very quiet and safe.

I'm 2.8 miles from the hotel and would be happy to offer shuttle service (masks required).
Coondog
Hotel booked and fee paid...... aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
Coondog
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Sep 20 2020, 06:25 PM) *

And don't forget to PM me if you want to camp or park your trailer and/or car at my place. I can accommodate a couple / three trailers and probably 5 cars (outside parking, but at the end of a lane, very quiet and safe.

I'm 2.8 miles from the hotel and would be happy to offer shuttle service (masks required).

If it looks like rain on my 6 hour drive I may take you up on that offer.
Krieger
Registered piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif maybe I should get a room so I can drink beer3.gif
914-300Hemi
Registration paid. Now need to book hotel
Steve
I am in
PayPal and email sent
Hotel booked
JRust
Paypal & email sent
Tonyooc
Room is booked for Friday and Saturday. When do the festivities start on Friday. I will hopefully be arriving in the morning. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.