Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Ramble (WCR) 2020
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PotterPorsche
PayPal sent

I don’t even have my 914 anymore , but would love to join you guys !!!

I have a 1974 911 or my 58 ghia I could drive to tag along .

Has a great time last year.

PotterPorsche
I also have a lot 914 parts that I will post prior to the event . Maybe virtual swap meet . Some parts will be free to give back to the community .
RoadGlue
QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Oct 10 2020, 03:24 PM) *

I also have a lot 914 parts that I will post prior to the event . Maybe virtual swap meet . Some parts will be free to give back to the community .

beerchug.gif
Steve
QUOTE(914Toy @ Oct 8 2020, 07:52 AM) *

I am watching for a car-a-van from S, Cal (Laguna Beach) Thursday morning, with plans to arrive by "bear time". driving-girl.gif beerchug.gif

Might have to plan our own!!
Coondog
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 10 2020, 08:19 PM) *

I am watching for a car-a-van from S, Cal (Laguna Beach) Thursday morning, with plans to arrive by "bear time". driving-girl.gif beerchug.gif

I can meet all the S-Cal Teeners in Gorman. You guys will have to leave early just to get a head of the LA traffic.
Tonyooc
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 11 2020, 11:56 AM) *

I can meet all the S-Cal Teeners in Gorman. You guys will have to leave early just to get a head of the LA traffic.

I will be leaving by noonish
Steve
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 11 2020, 09:56 AM) *

We will need to leave between 5-6 am or 10-12 to miss the LA traffic.
Tonyooc
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 11 2020, 03:27 PM) *

I'm towing mine up. So if your driving go without me
914Toy
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 11 2020, 01:27 PM) *

Earlier is my preference.
Coondog
If u leave at 10-11 then you run into Bay area traffic. It’s a long drive earlier the better.
We could stop at Harris Ranch for a stretch and a bite.
Cairo94507
If you guys stop at Harris Ranch do the BBQ across the street in the Shell Station otherwise you will get too comfortable inside Harris Ranch and be there for hours as you eat and drink..... Trust me, spent way too many nights at Harris Ranch in their Prime Steak House with friends- just great 5 star dining and service. beerchug.gif
flat4guy
QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Oct 10 2020, 03:24 PM) *

Will make room in the trunk. smile.gif
Steve
QUOTE(914Toy @ Oct 11 2020, 03:52 PM) *

Early works for me!! Lets meet at 5am somewhere or earlier, by 6am we are screwed.
914Toy
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 12 2020, 07:02 AM) *

QUOTE(914Toy @ Oct 11 2020, 03:52 PM) *

Early works for me!! Lets meet at 5am somewhere or earlier, by 6am we are screwed.

OK by me.
Gint
Fixed the broken quotes.

have fun. driving.gif
BuddyV
Mark Howard and I took a test drive for the "Napa Drive", scheduled for the Friday of WCR...... I snapped a few pics for you guys.

Disclaimers:

A. Forgive his ass-dragger 911..... I promise he has a killer 914 that was afraid of the potential for pot-holed dirt roads.

B. The pics of the dirt roads and gravel are NOT on the drives. Your paint is safe (good thing we took the test drive)

And finally, the smoke in our area is almost totally gone..... fingers crossed for continued great weather leading up to the event.

OK.... now for some shots.

(More pics after this next weekend when we drive the "Coast" route.
BuddyV
Click to view attachment
BuddyV
Update:

"Schedule of Events" is being proofed by the team.... I expect to email it to all attendees very soon. It will have the general outline of the days, where/when to meet, etc.

Thank you for your patience.

Robert
Andyrew
Looks like fun! smile.gif
914 RZ-1
I'm in! Reservations made, PayPal sent.

I live in SoCal, up near Magic Mountain off the 5 freeway. I plan on leaving very early (5 or 6 am). I think Mike D. and I will drive together. Others are welcome to join or even catch up or we can catch up with you. PM me and we can exchange phone numbers. I'll talk to Mike when the date gets closer and see what we're doing.
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ Oct 12 2020, 12:43 PM) *

I live in SoCal, up near Magic Mountain off the 5 freeway. I plan on leaving very early (5 or 6 am). I think Mike D. and I will drive together. Others are welcome to join or even catch up or we can catch up with you. PM me and we can exchange phone numbers. I'll talk to Mike when the date gets closer and see what we're doing.

I think it would be great to all drive up together, but seems everyone is leaving different times and days, trailering or driving... If someone puts together a schedule, I'll be leaving North Hollywood early Thursday (Wed night) ?
Coondog
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ Oct 12 2020, 10:43 AM) *

Working on getting all the So Cal Teeners to up meet in Gorman as we are all coming front different directions with a meet up spot away from LA. Probably around 7am Thursday morning as the South Orange County people will have to be on the road no later then 5am to get ahead of the traffic.
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 12 2020, 03:20 PM) *

Working on getting all the So Cal Teeners to up meet in Gorman as we are all coming front different directions with a meet up spot away from LA. Probably around 7am Thursday morning as the South Orange County people will have to be on the road no later then 5am to get ahead of the traffic.

Thanks Gorman sounds good... Keep us posted... Just developed a clutch noise, on the 914, throw out, pilot ? May have to drive the Cayman
forrestkhaag
Sounds like a great time will be had by all. My car is in a state of disassembly to fix a few electrical issues and the 789mile trip each way to Petaluma is way out of my wheelhouse to start a drive....

Have fun fellas.
beerchug.gif
Steve
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Oct 13 2020, 03:37 PM) *

Sounds like a great time will be had by all. My car is in a state of disassembly to fix a few electrical issues and the 789mile trip each way to Petaluma is way out of my wheelhouse to start a drive....

Have fun fellas.
beerchug.gif

Well... you can always break up the trip and come to so cal first and drive up with us.
We promise to drive behind you in case you run out of gas. poke.gif
Tonyooc
QUOTE(DANNYMAC @ Oct 13 2020, 12:10 PM) *

Thanks Gorman sounds good... Keep us posted... Just developed a clutch noise, on the 914, throw out, pilot ? May have to drive the Cayman

There is still time to fix it.... biggrin.gif
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Oct 13 2020, 09:58 PM) *

QUOTE(DANNYMAC @ Oct 13 2020, 12:10 PM) *

There is still time to fix it.... biggrin.gif

It's in for clutch as of yesterday TRE Van Nuys, we'll see. First thing "David" of TRE asked, was I going to the WCR !
DK23
What route are the SoCal guys taking on Thursday morning up to Petaluma? I-5 is pretty boring, anyone going Hwy 1 or 101?
Steve
QUOTE(DK23 @ Oct 14 2020, 11:29 AM) *

What route are the SoCal guys taking on Thursday morning up to Petaluma? I-5 is pretty boring, anyone going Hwy 1 or 101?

I was planning on I5. Last time some people took 101/1 to Rennfest and were stuck behind RV's for days. I personally don't think its worth it. It's already going to take over 8 hours taking I5 from south orange county.
914Toy
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 14 2020, 12:34 PM) *

I was planning on I5. Last time some people took 101/1 to Rennfest and were stuck behind RV's for days. I personally don't think its worth it. It's already going to take over 8 hours taking I5 from south orange county.

agree.gif
Coondog

As we get closer we will finalize the meet up spot in Gorman for everyone coming through LA on different freeways. Looking around 7am.
Tonyooc
Is everybody driving??? I'm on the fence about driving vs towing
Coondog
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Oct 14 2020, 07:18 PM) *

Is everybody driving??? I'm on the fence about driving vs towing

Driving unless it’s raining then tow. 3.2 without a rain tray is.. sad.gif
914-300Hemi
icon_bump.gif
BuddyV
**** Update ****

**** Update ****

We are working hard to get the schedule finalized..... we hit our first major snag with the location for the starts for each of the drives. No biggie..... we were able to find an even better location.

Just waiting to get approval for the location.... then I can email all the attendees.

Drives..... we will have two (2) drives, a "Napa" drive and a "Coastal" drive. As of today, we have driven both..... and they are amazing!

We are looking forward to hosting all of you..... the weather has been incredible..... cross your fingers that it remains this nice.

Again, thank you all for being so patient..... it's all coming together..... the schedule will be emailed early this week.

Robert (707) 888-1857
Cairo94507
Thanks for the update. Really looking forward to seeing everyone. driving.gif
Matty900
Great Job Guys. I am planning on making it down too. Trying to encourage a few others to join us too. I just drove some over those great roads over the summer on a couple of trips through. I am actually on another one a just East Trying to make better time home up I5 with another 914 that I really didn't need idea.gif
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(DK23 @ Oct 14 2020, 01:29 PM) *

Just came "down" Hwy 1 and 101 2 weeks ago, it makes the trip "much longer" and up you can't see the coastline at many points, down is better... IMHO
Coondog
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 14 2020, 06:55 PM) *

As we get closer we will finalize the meet up spot in Gorman for everyone coming through LA on different freeways. Looking around 7am.

Meet up spot for all the SoCal gang will be the McDonalds off the 5 fwy in Gorman at 7am. There is a Shell station across the street for a fuel top off.
We can decide from there where are next stop is, Harris Ranch or other ??

I think the plan is just get there as fast as we can

Pm me if your meeting us in Gorman
Those meeting up so far are
Coondog
Steve
914 toy
914 RZ-1
Mike D
Danny Mac
DK 23
Cairo94507
"as fast as we can"...... w00t.gif Wish I was down south coming north so I could join. beerchug.gif
tygaboy
WCR 2020 goodies are in production at the Red Barn! smash.gif welder.gif

@Mikey914 @matty900 , Here's a little gift from me to thank you for all you do for our community. Now come get this thing outta my shop - it's taking up too much space!

See all you WCR attendees soon!
Cairo94507
OMG! That is cool and HUGE! Incredible gift. beerchug.gif
rmarx
WOW Chris! Very creative and well done! You should quit your day job, oh wait, you already did...
markhoward
Amazing work Chris! Can't wait to see it.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Oct 21 2020, 01:38 PM) *

@Mikey914 @matty900 , Here's a little gift from me to thank you for all you do for our community. Now come get this thing outta my shop - it's taking up too much space!

Dang, that's beautiful piratenanner.gif

smilie_pokal.gif
Mikey914
Gotta check with Matt, think he's planning to be there it may help with some shipping on hoods too.
-Mark
flat4guy
Might need a roof rack for that thing.
914_7T3
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Oct 21 2020, 01:38 PM) *

Imagine those dudes wearing it as a necklace like Flava Flav!

lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.