914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Unpretentious
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 29 2020, 08:57 PM) *

QUOTE(wes @ Oct 29 2020, 08:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 29 2020, 06:15 PM) *

Oh no........Rain forecast for Friday.

Click to view attachment

I gotta get a new weather app. One minute it says rain the next partly cloudy... confused24.gif

I’m an optimist. Looks like at least an 80% chance that it won’t rain. smile.gif
Unpretentious
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 29 2020, 08:28 PM) *

I'm out as the scope of my project just grew.

Have fun, bad timing on my part. I'd love to join you guys!!!

Larmo,

Was looking forward to seeing you. You’ll be missed!

7T914-6
Hoping I’m not too late but can finally sign up! Will arrive Friday afternoon and probably there through Saturday night. Just got my 1970 914-6 (tribute- oh well) this summer and looking forward to reconnecting. Sold my previous 6 (real one) quite a few years ago (big mistake) after owning it for close to 15 years of auto cross, time trails and vintage racing (all done while using it as my daily driver)!

7T914-6 +1. Will send PayPal this evening. Very excited to meet and chat! May post a new unused 914-6 header (1-5/8” - non-heat exchanger - painted steel, purchased new from Automotion). Could bring to the event if someone was interested.

Thanks for putting this all together. It’s been a tough year in our area here. We need this!

David
BuddyV
.... next person mentioning the R word buys a round of beer at Lagunitas.

IT IS NOT GOING TO _________ (be anything other than clear weather!)

... carry on.
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 29 2020, 08:28 PM) *

I'm out as the scope of my project just grew.

Have fun, bad timing on my part. I'd love to join you guys!!!

We will miss you @larmo but I’m sure your car will great once it is done.
tygaboy
@BuddyV @MarkHoward Last evening, Robert and Mark came to the Red Barn for a WCR awards assembly session. Despite consumption of beer, the awards look surprisingly straight! beerchug.gif

We're pretty impressed with ourselves - check out the vinyl look we were able to achieve on that sail panel! av-943.gif

Note the other awards that are visible still have the positioning mask over the decals, hence the blurd-ish look.

So, which of you lucky folks will take this one home? We'll know at the post-dinner presentation in ONLY ONE MORE WEEK!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone! Safe, safe travels to Petaluma.
RoadGlue
smilie_pokal.gif
flat4guy
I thought those were dash plaques - got all excited.
CHIZ 914
That art looks my covide office home stuff! piratenanner.gif
BuddyV
***** WCR Week is HERE!!!! *****

Message to attendees:

1. Thursday (this week!) is arrival day. Meet informally at Lagunitas, order a beer, introduce yourself, talk, order another.

2. Friday (****Very Important!!! ****)..... First event is the FIRST drive. We meet at the "Live Oak Farm". See your schedule for address and start time.

3. Saturday: Second drive starts ALSO from the "Live Oak Farm" (check your schedule for address.... schedules were emailed over a week ago)

*** WE ARE NOT STARTING THE DRIVE FROM THE MOTEL!!!!!..... ***

Email to be sent today to all attendees today with this same info.

Cheers!

Robert (707) 888-1857
Wyvern
After the drives is the "hang out area" the hotel ?
BuddyV
QUOTE(Wyvern @ Nov 2 2020, 05:50 PM) *

After the drives is the "hang out area" the hotel ?

The hotel is a MOTEL.... so.... uh... no.

Lagunitas is half a block down the street. If that doesn't work for us, there are a handful of breweries with patios.
Wyvern
Hey I have "hung out " at a motel ... LOL

OK so we will just find each other out and about close by.

Thanks
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Oct 21 2020, 09:47 PM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Oct 21 2020, 01:38 PM) *

WCR 2020 goodies are in production at the Red Barn! smash.gif welder.gif

@Mikey914 @matty900 , Here's a little gift from me to thank you for all you do for our community. Now come get this thing outta my shop - it's taking up too much space!

See all you WCR attendees soon!

Imagine those dudes wearing it as a necklace like Flava Flav!

lol-2.gif

@914_7T3 you are going right ? Meeting in Gorman @7am
ValcoOscar
I'm going biggrin.gif ....but late. sad.gif

I have a mad crazy work schedule but hope to leave OC super late Fri, will arrive early Sat.

Can't wait to join you all.

blue914.jpg irish914.jpg creamsicle914.jpg grasshopper914.jpg ravenna914.jpg silver914.jpg white914.jpg signal914.jpg

beerchug.gif

Oscar
914_7T3
QUOTE(DANNYMAC @ Nov 3 2020, 01:07 PM) *

@Mikey914 @matty900 , Here's a little gift from me to thank you for all you do for our community. Now come get this thing outta my shop - it's taking up too much space!

lol-2.gif

@DannyMac I will not be attending WCR this year... sad.gif
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Nov 3 2020, 06:39 PM) *

QUOTE(DANNYMAC @ Nov 3 2020, 01:07 PM) *

lol-2.gif

@DannyMac I will not be attending WCR this year... sad.gif

Oh no. say it isn't so...
Andyrew
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Nov 3 2020, 03:29 PM) *

I have a mad crazy work schedule but hope to leave OC super late Fri, will arrive early Sat.

blue914.jpg irish914.jpg creamsicle914.jpg grasshopper914.jpg ravenna914.jpg silver914.jpg white914.jpg signal914.jpg

beerchug.gif

Oscar

REALLY glad your able to come Oscar!! beerchug.gif
markhoward
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 3 2020, 06:29 PM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Nov 3 2020, 03:29 PM) *

beerchug.gif

Oscar

REALLY glad your able to come Oscar!! beerchug.gif

beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
Unpretentious
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Nov 3 2020, 04:29 PM) *

beerchug.gif

Oscar

Fantastic,

Look forward to seeing you!

Jerry & Cathy
rolleyes.gif
JRust
Matt (914rubber) & I are both heading down Thursday. Probably will be later at night. I've got to work some int he morning before I can hit the road. Hope to be on the road by 10 but probably be 12 if I'm lucky. I can't wait
Matty900
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 3 2020, 08:38 PM) *

Matt (914rubber) & I are both heading down Thursday. Probably will be later at night. I've got to work some int he morning before I can hit the road. Hope to be on the road by 10 but probably be 12 if I'm lucky. I can't wait

914 is ready to go. Truck is ready to go. New tires on the trailer and the truck still working on a short in the running lights on the trailer but should be on the road early Thursday Morning driving.gif
Andyrew
Dad and I are driving in after lunch on Friday. Probably 1-2.

I was hoping for early morning but that doesnt look like it'll take place.

Im about 50/50 on the car, I'm fixing my clutch issue from last year but I dont know if my fix will work till tomorrow when I get it finished. If its not fixed then I'll just passenger around.
Dad has his car on a trailer.
Optimusglen
I just hopped on aplane from Minnesota, next stop LAX, and then north bound on tomorrow. Looking forward to the trip!
eric9144
Damn it I wanted to make it work this year but can't bs.gif slap.gif
JRust
Looking good for tomorrow. Hey if anyone doesn't have a room. I don't mind splitting my room. I have the 2 dbl beds. Just be aware I've been told I snore evilgrin.gif
RoadGlue
Who's early? I had to run to Petaluma today and saw this car downtown around 11 AM.

Click to view attachment
FL000
I think my wife is more excited for this trip than I am, and I am really looking forward to it biggrin.gif

Car is running pretty damn amazing, so now that I just jinxed myself I will at least bring some duct tape and a screwdriver lol-2.gif

Let's get this trip started driving-girl.gif
Tonyooc
Coondog
Count me in for the caravan. See you at 7 driving.gif
Coondog
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Nov 4 2020, 05:13 PM) *

Coondog
Count me in for the caravan. See you at 7 driving.gif

Gorman McDonalds driving.gif
flat4guy
Keep watching the forecast - out of 4 old cars the 914 is the only one with a heater, finally. haha
Optimusglen
Looks like we're getting a late start in a V8 914, gotta swap an exhaust manifold gasket in the morning. Can't make it with the rest of you guys heading up from L.A. but will be rolling into town tomorrow evening.
Matty900
Loaded up and ready to go in the morning. Delivering a Carbon fiber hood too.
Monday will be my 50th birthday. Can't think of a better birthday party than this beerchug.gif
914dave
Enjoy your weekend guys and gals. Be safe and have a great time!
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 4 2020, 10:40 PM) *

Monday will be my 50th birthday. Can't think of a better birthday party than this beerchug.gif

Enjoy and advance Happy 50th Bday Matt!
Stay safe everyone and have a wonderful WCR events!
Slam254
Just got a weather alert that a cold snap is coming into the North Bay Friday morning so bring a coat and bring the top !

I'll be rolling in Friday afternoon; looking forward to meeting y'all !

-Andrew aka Slam254
drem914
Everyone have a safe and fun weekend. Sorry I can't join you, maybe next year. Stay warm and dry. Please let us know when you will have a photo feed set up so we can enjoy from afar.
Coondog
SoCal Crew first pit stop at Harris Ranch.... driving.gif
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Coondog @ Nov 5 2020, 10:55 AM) *

SoCal Crew first pit stop at Harris Ranch.... driving.gif
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

beerchug.gif
tygaboy
The party is started in Petaluma!
tygaboy
Say it with me: Jelly Beans! Skittles!
Cairo94507
Those are the bomb! smilie_pokal.gif
Just did a final inspection and put a coat of wax on my car. Still need to wipe down interior, clean windows and give the body one more wipe down to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Have a “detail” bag and tool bag packed along with my fire extinguisher in the frunk. Got my AAA card and that should do it. We will hit the road at 6:15 Friday morning. piratenanner.gif driving.gif
Andyrew
That's way too cool!!!
wes
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 4 2020, 10:40 PM) *

In case I forget have a great and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! WOW I just realized I bought my first almost new 914 around the time you were born. Last minute working on the car can’t wait to see all. I’m bringing both our boys. Winston did the last WCR and will be coming with me and Manas our oldest 28 year old will be looking for a passenger seat for the Saturday run. Manas is wanting to build a 914/big Subby. Putting a Feeler out for anybody with a 914/Subby or that has a empty passenger seat.

JamesJ
Be glad to offer my passenger seat. Look forward to meeting you and everyone else.
rjames
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Nov 5 2020, 10:31 AM) *

Say it with me: Jelly Beans! Skittles!

Those are way cool!
Eddie914
Missing you guys! Maybe next year!

I was pretty sick for a couple of years, but I am on the mend.

Cheers, Eddie
Steve
At Gorman
Steve
Brandon driving my car!!
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Wow that's a good early turnout!

See you guys tomorrow. I'm about 95% gonna take the 914. Took it for a 45min drive today and the old issues are creaping up but I think it's drivable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.