Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Ramble (WCR) 2020
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PotterPorsche
Thanks for letting. Me and lawrence tag along with the 58ghia and the 56oval window bug. You guys making me miss my 914!!!!

Here are a few shots I took
JRust
Me once I finally got to Reno about 11:30. Got stuck waiting for them to open the pass without chains. Talk about crazy. 4wd has always counted for me in Oregon. Guy told me I not only needed them on my truck. I needed them on the rear wheels of my car I was towing as well WTF.gif . My other option was waiting for them to open it up without chains. So I sat there for an hour waiting for that. Then drive super slow over the pass. Apparently nobody there drives in the snow or something. ARGH anyway take a look at the mess that is my car. I think it is even worse now sitting in my garage. I'll have to take another picture tomorrow before I clean it up. Well my 2 1/2 detour to Reno ended up taking like 6. Took me just under 9 hours to drive down for WCR. I left about 6 am this morning & got home about 10:30 tonight. After Reno had plenty of slow icy snowy roads getting back to I5. Man what a long flipping day

Having reported I am home safe. Thank you to all the organizers. Really was a fun weekend & great to see everyone
Cairo94507
@JRust - Wow, that is just crazy that it took that long for you to get home and your car is pretty dirty. It was great meeting you and thanks for giving my bro a ride back to the Motel 6 Friday night. He liked your car a lot. beerchug.gif
tygaboy
@JRust - Geez, when we said we hoped everyone had a blast, that's not what we had in mind! biggrin.gif
Fingers crossed all that washes off and you're good to go.
Great to finally meet you and happy to hear you're safely home.
Steve
Awesome people, awesome event. Hats off to the organizers. The drives and views were amazing. Next time, can you fix all the pot holes on the roads?? Just kidding!! Loved the tight corners and views on Friday's run, but I thought my car was going to break apart on the pot holes!! Saturday's run through Bodega bay, was also amazing!! I gave my long distance award to Brandon since he did all the driving!! See you next year!!
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 9 2020, 07:49 AM) *

Awesome people, awesome event. Hats off to the organizers. The drives and views were amazing. Next time, can you fix all the pot holes on the roads?? Just kidding!! Loved the tight corners and views on Friday's run, but I thought my car was going to break apart on the pot holes!! Saturday's run through Bodega bay, was also amazing!! I gave my long distance award to Brandon since he did all the driving!! See you next year!!

first.gif

Steve and his co-pilot, or the other way around.

Oscar

Click to view attachment
BuddyV

.... the pot holes were there on purpose... think of it less like a drive, and more like an autocross course.

shades.gif
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment

In my haste I forgot to pack and bring up some swag. Some nice stuff from, key fobs, T Shirts, Canvas Bags, Ball Caps, tool pouches, leather coasters, ladies canvas bags and tote bags.
So all attendees ,please PM me, I’ll do my best to distribute fairly.
All PM’s must be received by this Thursday, 11/12 so I can ship by Friday.
Items are FREE biggrin.gif , shipping in NOT.
ATTENDEES ONLY!!!!!
Oscar
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 8 2020, 11:03 PM) *

Me once I finally got to Reno about 11:30. Got stuck waiting for them to open the pass without chains. Talk about crazy. 4wd has always counted for me in Oregon. Guy told me I not only needed them on my truck. I needed them on the rear wheels of my car I was towing as well WTF.gif . My other option was waiting for them to open it up without chains. So I sat there for an hour waiting for that. Then drive super slow over the pass. Apparently nobody there drives in the snow or something. ARGH anyway take a look at the mess that is my car. I think it is even worse now sitting in my garage. I'll have to take another picture tomorrow before I clean it up. Well my 2 1/2 detour to Reno ended up taking like 6. Took me just under 9 hours to drive down for WCR. I left about 6 am this morning & got home about 10:30 tonight. After Reno had plenty of slow icy snowy roads getting back to I5. Man what a long flipping day

Having reported I am home safe. Thank you to all the organizers. Really was a fun weekend & great to see everyone

That IS a bitchin' pic...out in the Wild , love it !
Steve
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Nov 9 2020, 08:41 AM) *

.... the pot holes were there on purpose... think of it less like a drive, and more like an autocross course.

shades.gif

av-943.gif
Brandon did do an awesome job of navigating around the mine fields!!
Thanks again for an awesome event!! pray.gif beerchug.gif
Unpretentious
Photos and video by Cathy, wife of Unpretentious!
Unpretentious
Well..., she tried to post photo(s) & a video. At least this one of Tony came through. Jerry
RoadGlue
I just upload video to YouTube, Vimeo, etc and share the link here.
Big Len
Some of the best rally pics I've ever seen. Awesome job all around.
brcacti
Thanks for sharing the 914 pics, also like the small rear window VW.
Tonyooc
Thanks to everyone who organized the trip and also for everyone who showed up to make the event so fun. Not the best roads the first day but a nice costal drive the second day. Its always nice to meet new friends at these events. Put over 1200 miles on the car it ran great. No new pics that are not already on there.
Thx again
framos914
Thought I would add a picture taken by my navigator John.
Coondog might like this one.
Thanks to all for a great WCR 2020.Click to view attachment
dan10101
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thanks to the many people who helped push start my car!

Click to view attachment
Andyrew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEOzrYiA_LE

Thanks again to the organizers! We both had a great time! This video is more on the 1.8T 914 journey than anything, so feel free to fast forward through to the good clips smile.gif
second wind
Fantastic video ....thank you very much! 914 people are good people.
gg
cali914
Great video Andrew! You are in the wrong business. And if that is staying within speed limits please show us the signs you were reading hahahahahahahah
wes
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 14 2020, 10:12 PM) *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEOzrYiA_LE

Thanks again to the organizers! We both had a great time! This video is more on the 1.8T 914 journey than anything, so feel free to fast forward through to the good clips smile.gif

Really enjoyed the video! Very well done thanks.
Cairo94507
Hey Andrew & Dan - Great video loved the driving shots and the garage commentary. Looking forward to the next event. beerchug.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(cali914 @ Nov 15 2020, 08:45 AM) *

Great video Andrew! You are in the wrong business. And if that is staying within speed limits please show us the signs you were reading hahahahahahahah

I swear I saw two zeros behind the "1" sign.. driving.gif

I think I stayed under that.... biggrin.gif
rgalla9146
Oh ! to be there !
What a beautiful event.
Thank you for the pics and videos.
Bravo !

ValcoOscar
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Nov 9 2020, 08:51 AM) *

Click to view attachment

In my haste I forgot to pack and bring up some swag. Some nice stuff from, key fobs, T Shirts, Canvas Bags, Ball Caps, tool pouches, leather coasters, ladies canvas bags and tote bags.
So all attendees ,please PM me, I’ll do my best to distribute fairly.
All PM’s must be received by this Thursday, 11/12 so I can ship by Friday.
Items are FREE biggrin.gif , shipping in NOT.
ATTENDEES ONLY!!!!!
Oscar

Update...

All packages shipping out tomorrow beer3.gif

Oscar
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 15 2020, 01:35 PM) *

QUOTE(cali914 @ Nov 15 2020, 08:45 AM) *

I swear I saw two zeros behind the "1" sign.. driving.gif

I think I stayed under that.... biggrin.gif

The policy with our Vegas driving group is that if you see any number greater than 60 on your dash, you must be looking at the temperature gauge. ph34r.gif
Matty900
What a great event Thank you everyone for doing such a great job putting this event together. Sung had a great time at the event and the quintessential WCR experience working on his car right up to the time to get on the road and then some. He made the 900 mile roundtrip drive in his V8 outlaw.
I ended up going to meet some friends in San Francisco Sunday morning to go down to Santa Cruz. It was a bonus day of driving ending with a visit to check out a 914-6 tribute. Hopefully we will be seeing them at the next WCR.
Got to spend some time with @tygaboy Chris and really check out his masterpiece in progress first.gif Got some rest and then up early Monday for the long drive home.
It has been a rough week since I made it home but I will get more photos up as I can.
Matty900
Before anyone asks, no that is not real, I was having some fun and put his car over his charters car from Tokyo Drift.
This is Ryan's car in Santa Cruz
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 15 2020, 10:44 PM) *

Before anyone asks, no that is not real, I was having some fun and put his car over his charters car from Tokyo Drift.
This is Ryan's car in Santa Cruz

Nice car!
Nicely photo app also on Sung’s car. that is why the hood was open on that image.
23e Heure
Simply amazing!

Try as I might, I couldn't invent a reason for a business trip out to LA from UK to be there and tag along.
You guys know sure how to do it right... Respect!

Andyrew
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 15 2020, 10:39 PM) *

What a great event Thank you everyone for doing such a great job putting this event together. Sung had a great time at the event and the quintessential WCR experience working on his car right up to the time to get on the road and then some. He made the 900 mile roundtrip drive in his V8 outlaw.
I ended up going to meet some friends in San Francisco Sunday morning to go down to Santa Cruz. It was a bonus day of driving ending with a visit to check out a 914-6 tribute. Hopefully we will be seeing them at the next WCR.
Got to spend some time with @tagaboy Chris and really check out his masterpiece in progress first.gif Got some rest and then up early Monday for the long drive home.
It has been a rough week since I made it home but I will get more photos up as I can.

Great stuff Matt!

Is the lady in the Silvia going to pass along a folded note with "WWW.914RUBBER.COM" on it? biggrin.gif
Matty900
Great stuff Matt!

Is the lady in the Silvia going to pass along a folded note with "WWW.914RUBBER.COM" on it? biggrin.gif

lol-2.gif Too funny Andrew Sung is a great guy and actually has offered to help promote us. He has become more of a friend like many of you and as most of you know, I believe in community first so let's just let him have some fun and be part of the community. I am sure that everyone who had some time to talk with him at the events that we have gone to together, will attest to what a good guy he is. He is very down to earth, open and honest. He is aware of his "fame", (almost a dirty word) and while he respects that and the opportunities that it creates for him, he also is tough and cheek about it.
This is the perfect example:
https://youtu.be/7NFHPX_qc9A

Caution, spoiler alert. There may be a plot reveal from the next Fast and the Furious movie F9 popcorn[1].gif idea.gif lol-2.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 16 2020, 12:58 PM) *

Great stuff Matt!

lol-2.gif Too funny Andrew Sung is a great guy and actually has offered to help promote us. He has become more of a friend like many of you and as most of you know, I believe in community first so let's just let him have some fun and be part of the community. I am sure that everyone who had some time to talk with him at the events that we have gone to together, will attest to what a good guy he is. He is very down to earth, open and honest. He is aware of his "fame", (almost a dirty word) and while he respects that and the opportunities that it creates for him, he also is tough and cheek about it.
This is the perfect example:
https://youtu.be/7NFHPX_qc9A

Caution, spoiler alert. There may be a plot reveal from the next Fast and the Furious movie F9 popcorn[1].gif idea.gif lol-2.gif

Sung could have used his 914 instead of the honda (ooops that is 6 yrs ago trailer). Well maybe one of his movie will include 914(s).
flat4guy
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 15 2020, 10:39 PM) *

Got to spend some time with @tagaboy Chris and really check out his masterpiece in progress first.gif Got some rest and then up early Monday for the long drive home.

Nice aerial view - finally pays to park in the back. haha
Unpretentious
Robert, Chris, Mark, spouses and all the others who worked to put on the WCR,

Thank you again for putting this fantastic event. The food, the drives, the cars, the speaker, the awards and especially the interaction with all the other teeners was amazing. You certainly have raised a high bar for future events.

Blessings,

Jerry & Cathy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.