Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Ramble (WCR) 2020
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Tonyooc
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Sep 20 2020, 08:25 PM) *

And don't forget to PM me if you want to camp or park your trailer and/or car at my place. I can accommodate a couple / three trailers and probably 5 cars (outside parking, but at the end of a lane, very quiet and safe.

I'm 2.8 miles from the hotel and would be happy to offer shuttle service (masks required).

do you have any truck and trailer space left?
tygaboy
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Sep 21 2020, 01:06 PM) *

And don't forget to PM me if you want to camp or park your trailer and/or car at my place. I can accommodate a couple / three trailers and probably 5 cars (outside parking, but at the end of a lane, very quiet and safe.

I'm 2.8 miles from the hotel and would be happy to offer shuttle service (masks required).

@Tonyooc - You're the first to contact me so... Yes! I currently have plenty of space.
You're saying you want to park:
- one truck
- one trailer (how long?)
- do you also want to park your car or will you be parking at the hotel?

PM me the details of text/call: 925-708-5295
Thanks,
Chris
Mueller
Registered and hotel booked.

Hotel is $155 cheaper to stay at now compared to when we booked for the original July event.
Coondog
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 21 2020, 03:12 PM) *

Registered and hotel booked.

Hotel is $155 cheaper to stay at now compared to when we booked for the original July event.

I just booked 98.00 dollars on Expedia

Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed, Non Smoking
Sleeps 2
1 Queen Bed
Free cancellation
Before Thu, Nov 5
Reserve now, pay later
Free WiFi
Parking included
Price is now $99
BuddyV
Thank you to those of you who rushed to send PayPal...... we already have a great group!

I will do my best to update the second post to this thread with "Paid" once you send Paypal.

Forgive me if any of you (Temporarily) fall through the cracks...... managing to understand who exactly you are based on your screen name and PayPal notice may conflict with your "real" name.

(JamesJ..... got you now, buddy!)

Note: Once I receive an email notifying me of your PayPal payment, I will send you an email with an Info Sheet (Real Names, Car info, T shirt size, food allergies, etc.). Please fill it out and send it back to my email...... once I have that info sheet, I will have a MUCH better idea of who you are and what your real names are smile.gif

This is coming together. I am feeling very, VERY good about this event.

Please be patient and flexible on details as we are trying to plan events that will be both flexible and fun ...... more info to follow!

ps - Thanks to Mark Howard, Chris (Tygaboy) and Randy Wentzel for your help..... these guys are planning amazing drives!

Robert

pps - You can always call me if you need any special help (707) 888-1857

drunk.gif
914-300Hemi
Hotel booked. piratenanner.gif
RoadGlue
icon_bump.gif
Retroracer
Confirmed I can attend; awaiting response from @BuddyV ?

- Tony
Gint
Hmmm...... idea.gif
Tonyooc
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Sep 21 2020, 05:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Sep 21 2020, 01:06 PM) *

@Tonyooc - You're the first to contact me so... Yes! I currently have plenty of space.
You're saying you want to park:
- one truck
- one trailer (how long?)
Chris
Motel 6 where I'm staying says they can fit trailers so I think I just keep it there. Thank you anyways.
- do you also want to park your car or will you be parking at the hotel?

PM me the details of text/call: 925-708-5295
Thanks,
Chris

flat4guy
Hotel booked, reg paid - now watching the calendar.
strawman
Just PayPal'd you for me and my wife (Nancy). She's nailing down a place at KOA; I'll be flat-towing behind our RV. Can't wait to actually DRIVE my Suby-powered 914 at a WCR event and not be just an observer!
Mike D.
Hotel Booked!
Now to send in payment!
Gint
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 25 2020, 09:49 PM) *
Hmmm...... idea.gif

What's the fire situation in that area?

If this was in SoCal...
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 29 2020, 09:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 25 2020, 09:49 PM) *
Hmmm...... idea.gif

What's the fire situation in that area?

If this was in SoCal...

November has never been part of the fire season (at least historically) so the fires shouldn't have any affect on the event.

The fire mostly roared through eastern, rural mountainous areas of the county. It did hit a few vineyards in Napa County and took out a couple of dozen houses, etc, here in Santa Rosa. Overall it could have been a lot worse had the wind be stronger and lasted longer, not to say it wasn't a terrible time for those that did lose their houses.
JRust
QUOTE(strawman @ Sep 28 2020, 10:22 AM) *

Just PayPal'd you for me and my wife (Nancy). She's nailing down a place at KOA; I'll be flat-towing behind our RV. Can't wait to actually DRIVE my Suby-powered 914 at a WCR event and not be just an observer!

Yeah buddy! Be great ot get ours out together. Love to see how the 2.5 does against my 2.0. LOL! Seriously though be cool to see another suby. We had 3 at Red Rocks this year
Deetman
Hi, I live about 2 hrs from the Napa area. Is there an option to just join the group for the drive and BBQ on Saturday? Do I still sign up and pay the $75, or is there a reduced rate just to cover dinner? I am fine either way, thanks.
BuddyV
Deetman -

No one has asked, so I had not thought about that..... but I would probably charge $50 for the dinner.

Makes sense to support the event at $75 and get the t-shirt and event registration (Name tag, etc etc.)

Robert
Coondog
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Sep 30 2020, 06:33 PM) *

Deetman -

Makes sense to support the event at $75 and get the t-shirt and event registration (Name tag, etc etc.)

Robert

I agree, the time and personal money spend for the volunteers to put on these events is very grateful and we appreciate all that they do.
Deetman
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Sep 30 2020, 08:33 PM) *

Deetman -

No one has asked, so I had not thought about that..... but I would probably charge $50 for the dinner.

Robert

Alright then, guess I will register. Thanks for getting back to me. Here is a picture of my 72.
Dieter
Click to view attachment
BuddyV
QUOTE(Deetman @ Oct 1 2020, 01:58 AM) *

Deetman -

Robert

Alright then, guess I will register. Thanks for getting back to me. Here is a picture of my 72.
Dieter
Click to view attachment

Looking forward to seeing you, Dieter!

Awesome car.... you should have absolutely NO TRAFFIC driving down!

Cheers!

Robert
flat4guy
QUOTE(Deetman @ Oct 1 2020, 01:58 AM) *

Deetman -

Robert

Dieter
Click to view attachment

Would love to caravan down with you - hoping to leave our area around 6am to make sure we get donuts and coffee before the drive. smile.gif
BuddyV
FYI -

Best way to start the registration process is:

A. Paypal $75/attendee to robert@northbayofficefurniture.com

B. That will prompt Paypal to email me that money has been received

C. The Paypal email will prompt me to email you an info sheet that I would like filled out and sent back to me

(Paypal includes your email address when you pay me $ at Paypal).

Sorry to those who sent me emails with questions and were overlooked..... the emails got buried in my inbox.

But..... Paypal emails get my immediate attention.

Thank you to all who have registered! We already have plenty of cars to make this an epic (for the times) event!

Cheers!

Robert (707) 888-1857

ps - call with any questions.
Cairo94507
OK, money sent for my brother and I. I think we will be driving up Saturday early morning and then driving home that evening. I am only about 75 miles away from Petaluma. beerchug.gif
DucRS
Money sent and hotel booked. beerchug.gif
Coondog
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 3 2020, 10:58 AM) *

OK, money sent for my brother and I. I think we will be driving up Saturday early morning and then driving home that evening. I am only about 75 miles away from Petaluma. beerchug.gif

No No, you guys need to spend the night, nothing better then hanging out in the hotel parking lot all night talking 914.
TC 914-8
Sorry guys I’m out on this one. I thought I could make it but things changed.
I’ll try to make the next one.
Andyrew
Money's sent!!
Slam254

I am in. Just had a chat with my mechanic, who is giving my baby a major rebuild; he has assured me we will be good to go. Thanks Robert for organizing, looking forward to meet-up !

DANNYMAC
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Aug 21 2020, 08:02 PM) *
We are ready to take your registration for WCR 2020!!!!

DANNYMAC Robert I just paid through PayPal dmcelroy@cbs.com DANNYMAC here
DANNYMAC
Hotel booked... PayPal sent... See you there ! Can't wait
DANNYMAC
Anyone driving up from Los Angeles ? I will be, so a possible "car a van" ? Support vehicles, power in numbers ? Send a PM if you want to try and coordinate
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Aug 26 2020, 08:10 PM) *

QUOTE(BuddyV @ Aug 21 2020, 06:02 PM) *

WCR 2020, November 5th - 8th, Petaluma, CA.

Called Motel 6 - $150/night with taxes. Had to laugh, they said to bring cleaning supplies as theirs are running out. haha

I just booked the Hotel it was $100.00 for 2 queens microwave and fridge ???
Tonyooc
QUOTE(DANNYMAC @ Oct 6 2020, 05:34 PM) *

Anyone driving up from Los Angeles ? I will be, so a possible "car a van" ? Support vehicles, power in numbers ? Send a PM if you want to try and coordinate

I'm leaving very early Friday morning like 2 or 3 am
flat4guy
QUOTE(DANNYMAC @ Oct 6 2020, 03:40 PM) *

Called Motel 6 - $150/night with taxes. Had to laugh, they said to bring cleaning supplies as theirs are running out. haha

Maybe I should cancel and re book. haha
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Oct 6 2020, 08:07 PM) *

I haven't received anything ? Paid PayPal, booked hotel, registration sheet ?
RoadGlue
QUOTE(DANNYMAC @ Oct 7 2020, 07:39 AM) *

Robert will get back to you soon with your registration sheet. Thank you!
BuddyV

DannyMAC..... I was called away from my computer for a day..... sorry for the delay. I will email you today acknowledging the PayPal and sending you the info sheet to fill out.

Cheers!

Robert
strawman
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Oct 6 2020, 05:59 PM) *

QUOTE(DANNYMAC @ Oct 6 2020, 05:34 PM) *

I'm leaving very early Friday morning like 2 or 3 am

I will be flat-towing my 914 from San Luis Obispo County, heading north on US101 about Noon on Thursday. If anyone needs mechanical help along the way, I'll be hauling a bunch of tools and some spare parts. PM me and I'll share my cell number. Wave as you drive by!
Geoff

DANNYMAC
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Oct 7 2020, 10:20 AM) *

DannyMAC..... I was called away from my computer for a day..... sorry for the delay. I will email you today acknowledging the PayPal and sending you the info sheet to fill out.

Cheers!

Robert

Thank you ! I'll be patient now biggrin.gif
Mike D.
QUOTE(DANNYMAC @ Oct 6 2020, 03:34 PM) *

I was hoping to get a group together too. Early on Thursday 5 or 6 am, maybe.
Anyone...?

Cairo94507
OK, Just booked the hotel for Friday night the 6th. So we will drive up early Friday morning.
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Oct 7 2020, 02:59 PM) *

QUOTE(DANNYMAC @ Oct 6 2020, 03:34 PM) *

I was hoping to get a group together too. Early on Thursday 5 or 6 am, maybe.
Anyone...?

Mike,
I will be towing my car. Just got the car fixed and don’t want to break it on the drive up.
I can play catch up.
914Toy
I am watching for a car-a-van from S, Cal (Laguna Beach) Thursday morning, with plans to arrive by "bear time". driving-girl.gif beerchug.gif
DK23
Has any schedule been put together? Are people arriving during the day on Thursday and organized drives start Friday morning? People leaving for home on Sunday? Just trying to plan a travel schedule from SoCal.
TRE Cup
Registered ! The Evil Cockaroach will be there. Leaving Thursday morning from the Los Angeles area. 3-4 Sixers so far
we have 3 different route options to decide on- anywhere from 6.6 to 10 hours of driving depending on inland jogging off the 5, or the coast (2 options) for some awesome roads

Contact me at tremotorsports@gmail.com to discuss
BuddyV
QUOTE(DK23 @ Oct 8 2020, 01:15 PM) *

Has any schedule been put together? Are people arriving during the day on Thursday and organized drives start Friday morning? People leaving for home on Sunday? Just trying to plan a travel schedule from SoCal.

Schedule is still being worked out..... a lot of road blocks due to the recent weather issues. But I can assure you that the weather is almost 100% clear now... schedule should be finalized very soon.

But for now, your outline was spot on.

A. Arrive on Thursday.... no formal event plans..... but I will be encouraging us to have an informal meet-up at Lagunitas Brewery Beer Garden down the street from the Motel 6

B. 9am meet up on Friday morning, 10am drive off (Evening event plannned)

C. 9am meet up on Saturday morning, 10am drive off (Evening Dinner plennned)

D. Sunday.... last day.... early morning meet up at a group coffee & donuts, workinng on a very cool tour. (People depart as they need to depart)

Will be fun..... formal schedule very soon. I

I am just waiting for a few more details . Thank you for your patience, guys..... it is not as difficult as I thought it would be to plan.... but a few details are pending.

Cheers!

Robert (707) 888-1857
BuddyV
QUOTE(TRE Cup @ Oct 8 2020, 04:55 PM) *

Registered ! The Evil Cockaroach will be there. Leaving Thursday morning from the Los Angeles area. 3-4 Sixers so far
we have 3 different route options to decide on- anywhere from 6.6 to 10 hours of driving depending on inland jogging off the 5, or the coast (2 options) for some awesome roads

Contact me at tremotorsports@gmail.com to discuss

Dave!!!!

I received your registration, and emailed you. Tank you!

Cockaroach...... PLEASE post a pic. I need to see this.

Robert (707) 888-1857
DK23
Sent my $$$$, so I guess I am registered!!!! '74 914-6.
Wyvern
I'm in ... Paypal sent driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.