Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: real 914/6 exhaust manifold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Al Meredith
I've got a real 914/6 exhaust manifold with the heat exchanger removed /. It is rusty especially toward the collector . This would be a good jig set-up for a custom system because the first 2/3rds are correct.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
What is the weight estimate so I can take a look at shipping cost?

I'm coming up with $300ish via UPS 48"x24x24" package at 30 lbs. That seems a bit high since I know I've had some donor sheetmetal that was near that weight dimension but wasn't $300. I'll call my UPS store on Monday and see what they estimate at.
rhodyguy
At what dementions does UPS go 'over size'? Better rates at FedEx with an account.
mepstein
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Aug 23 2020, 12:28 PM) *

What is the weight estimate so I can take a look at shipping cost?

I'm coming up with $300ish via UPS 48"x24x24" package at 30 lbs. That seems a bit high since I know I've had some donor sheetmetal that was near that weight dimension but wasn't $300. I'll call my UPS store on Monday and see what they estimate at.

Should be way less. Ben sends out his ss heat exchangers for about $65.
Edit- the box is way too big and sending you into oversized $. The length is correct but once the pipes are ziptied together, the with should be about 24” and the height no more than 12. I sometimes struggle with finding the right size box and dislike making them but oversize gets really pricey.
mb911
Those will ship in a 48×10×10 box and should cost about $40-$50 anywhere in the US.

rhodyguy
Yep.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.