Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: absolute bargain on Pelican,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
Check it out guys,came off a 914/6 and isn't cheap or in excellent condition,
sorry no link but easy to find ,still makes me av-943.gif av-943.gif .
bdstone914
QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 22 2020, 10:40 PM) *

Check it out guys,came off a 914/6 and isn't cheap or in excellent condition,
sorry no link but easy to find ,still makes me av-943.gif av-943.gif .

So if you add it to a six and remove it it came off of a six right.

BTW i have some Porsche sales literature that show hood badges on two different 914-6 cars.
And the to 8 cylinder cars had them.
sixnotfour
Orange 8 is a sticker
Mark Henry
If it's a real orange badge then its value is up there.
A red badge isn't worth $300.

Seller says it looks orange but my monitor I'd say it's red. The orange badge is a closer to a signal orange.
Johny Blackstain
It's a creamsicle... has to be orange shades.gif
gandalf_025
Here is the badge that came with my 6..
It is orange and has both pins still attached.
Did I hit the lottery...??)
The one next to it is much newer..

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Aug 23 2020, 02:25 PM) *

Here is the badge that came with my 6..
It is orange and has both pins still attached.
Did I hit the lottery...??)
The one next to it is much newer..

Click to view attachment

My info is at least several years dated, but I'd say it's worth $300, maybe even closer to $500, that is if you find the buyer who wants it that bad.
Thing is I see there's reproductions for around $200, that likely have pulled the value down.

bbrock
It doesn't have the patina, but isn't this the correct early "orange" badge available for $200 from Porsche?

http://www.classicshop.porsche.com/pcos-us...0155921027.html

One of the many interesting factoids revealed in the "50 Years Porsche 914" book is that there are minutes from a development team meeting where they voted to have the 914 badged but the joint marketing team had already started marketing the cars as VW-Porsches so it never happened.
mepstein
QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 23 2020, 03:41 PM) *

It doesn't have the patina, but isn't this the correct early "orange" badge available for $200 from Porsche?

One of the many interesting factoids revealed in the "50 Years Porsche 914" book is that there are minutes from a development team meeting where they voted to have the 914 badged but the joint marketing team had already started marketing the cars as VW-Porsches so it never happened.

The badges sold now are red. Orange ones were on the early cars. There might be a reproduction but I haven’t seen one. Like many repro parts, even when made correctly, many owners still want original pieces.
bbrock
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 23 2020, 01:59 PM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 23 2020, 03:41 PM) *

The badges sold now are red. Orange ones were on the early cars. There might be a reproduction but I haven’t seen one. Like many repro parts, even when made correctly, many owners still want original pieces.

If you poke around on the Porsche Classics site, they have a late badge that is red and this one for early models they call "red/orange". I lot of what is sold on Porsche Classics are repros though so I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case here.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
smile.gif
GeorgeRud
I don’t think any 914s came from the factory with badges, so what difference does the color make?
mepstein
biggrin.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 23 2020, 05:51 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Birthday presents don't count!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.