Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: WTF!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Toast
I dont like using IE either. But my boss does.
And it seems every 5 minutes that im in it, it throws up this error message reading "IE has encountered a problem and must shut down."

mad.gif AAArrrrggghhh I hate this thing! It completely shuts down the IE and I have to reopen it, find the page I was on, ect. wacko.gif

Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to stop this from happening?

My boss says she is going to remove internet from her computer because she is getting tired of it.

ohmy.gif That means no 914club for me at work! ohmy.gif
OMG! That means I might actually have to do some work! NOOOOOOOO........ rolleyes.gif
ben1440
www.apple.com or http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ should have the fix. wink.gif

i mean......try windows update, http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com That will have updates or fixes for IE.

--Ben
redshift
Please don't fix a problem by throwing more software at it...

Close Internet Exploder, right click on the Internet Exploder icon on the desktop, properties, empty cache.

Close all programs, reboot safe mode, scan disk. Reeeeeboot!

Now, update Internet Exploder.

Chances are this won't fix it. it's more likely to be a computer needing a CPU fan cleaned, or you have some spyware with java causing the crashes, but it's easy to blame the browser, cause that is where the failure mode appears.

Adding another browser is like adding another motor in your car because the regular one needs a plug wire.

M
MattR
this is a common problem with IE. There is a fix on download.com

Here is the link: link

or the alternate solution
Toast
Ok, thanks guys. But I can not install another browser.
Boss gets all tweeked out when there is stuff installed on her computer that she doesn't know anything about.

Think......."set in her ways." rolleyes.gif
redshift
Toast, phone is tied up right now I think, but I can talk you through a fix..

Let me know.. smile.gif

M
TimT
"set in her ways."  

Tell her that there are better ways..then go out on a limb and prove it
Part Pricer

I don't know anything about computers. But, I have to agree with Miles on this one. The most likely culprit is some spyware/malware.

Make sure the system is clean first.

Toast
M
Call me.
I cannot find the "empty cash" button. wink.gif
MattR
QUOTE (Toast @ Jul 12 2005, 02:19 PM)
M
Call me.

yikes

biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Ben - Your Avitar ROCKS! smilie_pokal.gif laugh.gif
Toast
QUOTE (TimT @ Jul 12 2005, 03:16 PM)
"set in her ways."  

Tell her that there are better ways..then go out on a limb and prove it

chairfall.gif
screwy.gif

I run Adaware every day. As well as delete cookies, delete files, and clear history every time I use the IE.

Plus, ocassionally, I go into Content IE5 and delete all the files from all of those folder, pluse empty the Temporary Internet Files folder.

confused24.gif
redshift
I do this when I get errors..

1. The above stated crap ^...

2. Run RegClean after rebooting from scandisk.

3. Go to control panel, add/remove programs, Internet Exploder, and double click it!

4. Tell that sucker to repair.

5. Update from the Winders Updater Page Thing.

M
Qarl
Don't listen to Miles. He is running Windows 98.

He can't even get his MSN messenger to work!

He is a moron!

sheeplove.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.