Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Full Circle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
Here is the quick version of the story, I'll write up the full version later.
Back in 2015 I found a very cool 69E in a barn, seriously, in a barn. It was parked in 73 by the original owner.
I bought the car, sold the car, regretted selling it, but that's life.
Fast forward to this year, now restored it goes to auction and sells. The new owner gets cold feet, reaches out to me thinking I might have an interest in the car, I don't, but I know a guy who does. The car was re-united today with the original owner! The first time he saw the car he was picking it up from the Factory, on a Saturday, then he saw it again today. Thanks to Chuck at Redline for making it happen.
Full circle.
Krieger
smilie_pokal.gif. It just seems so dang impossible. Things like this are meant to be! That must have been a thrill for you to find.
Frankvw
Super cool !
mb911
Very cool.. That's the same picture I see on every craigslist site in the U.S.
wes
Hart warming for sure!
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(mb911 @ Aug 28 2020, 08:37 AM) *

Let me know if you do, I usually politely ask people to not use my pictures.
mb911
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 28 2020, 08:58 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Aug 28 2020, 08:37 AM) *

Let me know if you do, I usually politely ask people to not use my pictures.

I don't use it for exactly that reason..
914werke
Neat
808 WRX
Cool story, I hope it doesn't get parked in a barn this time around. blink.gif
brcacti
Great story beerchug.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 28 2020, 05:39 AM) *

Back in 2015 I found a very cool 69E in a barn, seriously, in a barn. It was parked in 73 by the original owner.
Fast forward to this year, now restored it goes to auction and sells. The new owner gets cold feet, reaches out to me thinking I might have an interest in the car, I don't, but I know a guy who does. The car was re-united today with the original owner! The first time he saw the car he was picking it up from the Factory, on a Saturday, then he saw it again today. Thanks to Chuck at Redline for making it happen.
Full circle.

Do you have any explanation as to why the original owner parked it in the barn? confused24.gif
Root_Werks
Very cool story! The 69E had a great engine.
fixer34
QUOTE(Jamie @ Aug 28 2020, 02:58 PM) *

Full circle.

Do you have any explanation as to why the original owner parked it in the barn? confused24.gif

Kinda wondering that myself. 4 yr old sports car, comparatively expensive in the day. Pull it into a barn (running when parked...) and there it sits for 40+ years.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Jamie @ Aug 28 2020, 11:58 AM) *

Full circle.

He got screwed when they shipped it here from Germany. When he showed up at the port to pick it up they said it wouldn't start, they had put the gas in the oil spout and kept spinning the motor. He drained the oil on site, put fresh oil in it, hoping no damage was done. Within 2-3 years the motor spun a bearing, then he parked it.
Unobtanium-inc
Here is a video of the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=121w1GUy0BQ...eature=youtu.be
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.