Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i've always wondered....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
on some pictures i've seen of 914s, some have a orange light in the combo guage, mine is blocked out with masking tape or something......

what's this light for?
I thought the CAT overheat and EGR failure lights were in the metal housing for the guages.......
ArtechnikA
SportoMatic torque convertor overtemp warning.
scotty b
agree.gif It was only Og on the late models though, the early model cars were more of a burnt sienna color.
bd1308
so did all of the guages have provisions for this and the non-sportomatic ones were covered up, or could my guage have been from a sportomatic...were'nt they only available in 70-72?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 12 2005, 08:30 PM)
so did all of the guages have provisions for this and the non-sportomatic ones were covered up, or could my guage have been from a sportomatic...were'nt they only available in 70-72?

all the 914 combo gauges had the provision -- v-e-r-y early on there were thoughts that they might somehow make a /4 version - just look in the Haynes - you can see pictures of the car that never was!

yes - only on early cars, because it was available only on 914.6 - and damn few (maybe 25) of those.

but - for commonality - there was only one combo gauge.
ClayPerrine
Actually, there was one 914 /4 built with a sportomatic. It was a 70 1.7. I just recently saw pictures of it. It was owned by Vasily Polak. In the pictures it was parked next to the 917 longtail, number 917, that was in the famous lineup picture.

ArtechnikA
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 12 2005, 11:17 PM)
Actually, there was one 914 /4 built with a sportomatic. It was a 70 1.7. I just recently saw pictures of it. It was owned by Vasily Polak. In the pictures it was parked next to the 917 longtail, number 917, that was in the famous lineup picture.

i have heard that this "1-off" car (hey - they had to photograph *something* for the Haynes procedures...) made its way to Australia. lots of people have heard of the car, or seen pictures of the car, but i don't know anyone who has actually *seen* the car.

mind you - i believe it exists. i'd love to know how they did the torque convertor oil pump, and i'd love to know how they managed the vacuum servo on a D-Jet car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.