Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First drive today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPic
Hi everyone, After 2.5 years I have finally driven my 914. piratenanner.gif

Runs good but needs some dialing in with the timing and carbs. But, I have to hold the shifter to keep it gear 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Didn't go any faster to hit 4 and 5.

Is this adjustable with the standard shift adjuster or is there another issue going on? confused24.gif

Thanks all and I'll post video of the maiden run soon.

Brad
Al Meredith
Brad, Is it a tail shifter or a side shifter? I would say a tail shifter might be able to adjust the linkage and replace the bushings but the side shifter maybe not because the have a more direct linkage. I've got a 901 gearbox all rebuilt on the bench now just waiting for someone to tell me if they want a tail or side shift internal linkage installed. AL
BPic
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Aug 30 2020, 02:52 PM) *

Brad, Is it a tail shifter or a side shifter? I would say a tail shifter might be able to adjust the linkage and replace the bushings but the side shifter maybe not because the have a more direct linkage. I've got a 901 gearbox all rebuilt on the bench now just waiting for someone to tell me if they want a tail or side shift internal linkage installed. AL

Hi Al,

Guess I should have said it’s a side shift. All new everything except the trans. Bought it from a member. Looking at the adjustment procedure it seems Odd that 1st and 2nd would pop. If I adjust either way it seems I might get one or the other but not both.

Just in case can you send me a PM with a price for your trans?

Thanks
BPic
Here's the video of my first drive....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I44JhJTtdQ...eature=youtu.be
bbrock
piratenanner.gif That's awesome!!! I hope you can get the shifting sorted out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.