Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Ferrari rear calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
hcdmueller
I have a set of Ferrari rear calipers that were restored and converted by PMB something like 10 years ago. I had a goal for them, but I just don't have the time.

They are not quite as pretty as they were, but they have never been mounted. Nothing but minor shelf wear.

I am willing to entertain serious offers.

$1500 + shipping

hcdmueller
Pending
euro911
Ferraris & 914s used the same type of calipers?
mepstein
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 30 2020, 09:09 PM) *

yes. the ferrari rear caliper is the same as the 914-6gt (914-6 with spacers) other than needing the bleeders machined on the opposite end.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 30 2020, 09:09 PM) *

Keep in mind both were using rear disk brakes in the early 70's when Detroit still thought drum brakes were just dandy. laugh.gif Rear drum brakes are still pretty common even to this day due to cost, fuel economy, and weight reasons headbang.gif
mepstein
The Ferrari weighs a couple hundred pounds more than a 914-6 so the braking isn't as good.
The Ferrari guys used to cast off these calipers in search of bigger/better ones. They used to sell cheap but not anymore.
hcdmueller
Mepstein for the win. Should be shipping out tomorrow, Sunday at the worst.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.