Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Fuel Line suggestions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ri914
Ok, got the gas tank out last night.

Going to run 2 new steel lines. My plan was to use 3/8 for both lines and place a small low pressure pump under the tank to feed the 60psi pump back near the LS motor.

Is it safe to run all low pressure fuel hoses and connections to and from the tank? I was planning on using 6AN connections for the high pressure line from the big pump to the motor?

thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thank you

ndfrigi
stock 914 FI fuel pump for 28 to 31 psi are doing his job and even for carbs with 2.5 to 3psi does not have any problem.

ooops edit: You are referring to fuel hoses. I believed everytime you have FI system, you really need to use high pressure fuel hoses for all lines.
porschetub
Don't piss around ,put the best you can find on LP and HP hose,and on FI hoses you need right clamps ,FI ones are the only way to go,think safety smile.gif .
Good luck.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(ri914 @ Aug 31 2020, 08:26 PM) *

Going to run 2 new steel lines.
Is it safe to run all low pressure fuel hoses and connections to and from the tank?

Consider using pre-bent stainless lines (made by a nearby vendor) in the tunnel. Use Gates Barricade (or similar) high pressure hose, even in the low pressure parts of the system.

Tangerine Racing Fuel System Page
tygaboy
QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Sep 1 2020, 07:52 AM) *

Is it safe to run all low pressure fuel hoses and connections to and from the tank?

Consider using pre-bent stainless lines (made by a nearby vendor) in the tunnel. Use Gates Barricade (or similar) high pressure hose, even in the low pressure parts of the system.

agree.gif
What @ChrisFoley said! Save yourself time, buy the Tangerine Racing stuff and sleep well knowing you have a safe and high quality fuel line set up.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Sep 1 2020, 10:00 AM) *

agree.gif
What @ChrisFoley said! Save yourself time, buy the Tangerine Racing stuff and sleep well knowing you have a safe and high quality fuel line set up.

agree.gif

Don't let an engine fire from using cheap fuel hose ruin your 914.

ri914
wow, well it looks like I have a solid game plan now smile.gif going to call my local vendor and purchase some lines.

thank you all smile.gif
Matty900
I am about to do the same for my LS swap. I will be using the stainless steel lines in the tunnel that are available from existing vendors like Chris. I will be connecting it all together with custom lines from Dyme. Pretty awesome stuff. https://dymepsi.com/product/hose-builder/
cary

Near By Vendor, too funny.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(cary @ Sep 2 2020, 12:08 AM) *

Near By Vendor, too funny.

Close enough that he can come here to pick them up if he wants.
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.