Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: changed over to Euro tail light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
The car will never look stock so I decided to do the swap from 914Rubber. Wondering if there’s any market for OEM lenses with spider cracks in the plastic.

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Here’s the new look

Click to view attachment
tygaboy
That.
Looks.
GREAT.
EvilOlderBrother
Billy,

The car is looking great. I like the new lenses.
KSCarrera
That's funny because over this side of the Pond, some of us prefer the all-red US look! To make mine legal for the UK, I used orange/amber LED bulbs, which shine as amber through the red lenses.
rjames
Billy, those lenses look great on your car!

That's funny because over this side of the Pond, some of us prefer the all-red US look!

I think the Euro lenses don't always look as good as the US spec ones on some cars. For example, on my black car with a rear reflector (blame the po) I think the US spec lenses look better.

PanelBilly
QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Sep 1 2020, 10:30 AM) *

That's funny because over this side of the Pond, some of us prefer the all-red US look! To make mine legal for the UK, I used orange/amber LED bulbs, which shine as amber through the red lenses.

The grass is always greener...
lierofox
QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Sep 1 2020, 10:30 AM) *

I did exactly the opposite on mine! I switched over to the euro lenses and made the marker light a red LED that gets overpowered by the amber turn signal LED.

The reason I prefer amber turn signals is pretty well summed up by this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1lZ9n2bxWA

I want people to KNOW if they see 3 red lights (also installed a high mount 3rd brake light) that I'm stopping/slowing down.

And I want people to KNOW when they see an amber light, that I'm turning/changing lanes.
rhodyguy
Keeping with the theme, don't forget to swap out the fronts.
BuddyV
Just when I am going back to all red.....

dry.gif

Not so sure now.
Jett
I like the variation, we run US on our 73 1.7, Euro on our 75 2.0, and French on or 73 2.0
Coondog
Looks great, love your cars color.
Root_Werks
Look good with that color. Think it depends on the color of the 914. US lenses look good with some colors, Euro lenses with others. Personal preference in the end.
Cairo94507
I want to switch to the Euro lenses on the rear of my car. I think they look great. One thing at a time though. beerchug.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Looks great Billy! Just need the front Euro lenses with Spoke LED's now!
sdavis914
I mean if you're dumping the ones with spider cracks they're in better shapes than mine with missing chunks....
Mark Henry
I have hella euros, I didn't like how the turns lit up at night from the markers, plus I was afraid they might not be legal, so I made up little blinders out of foil HVAC duct tape.
Now from directly behind all you see is a very dim yellow from the markers.
scallyk9
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Sep 1 2020, 05:04 PM) *

Looks great Billy! Just need the front Euro lenses with Spoke LED's now!

Love mine. Great safety feature on a gray day with bright white as a daytime running light that self-cancels for a much brighter amber turn signal when turning.
ValcoOscar
I prefer Euro lenses....

beer3.gif

Oacar

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
douglastic
So, where do I buy that shirt from
wysri9
Euro much nicer...... smile.gif and here on my Signal Orange.....

Click to view attachment
Spoke
QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Sep 1 2020, 01:30 PM) *

I'm doing just the opposite running red LEDs behind amber lenses. With the red LEDs I can run them as running lights as well as turnsignals. The red LEDs actually come through the amber lenses with more intensity than red LEDs through the red lenses....

Click to view attachment
davesprinkle
QUOTE(wysri9 @ Sep 2 2020, 02:17 AM) *

Euro much nicer...... smile.gif and here on my Signal Orange.....

Click to view attachment

Damn. That is a nice build!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.