Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yahoo! My wife is driving at Marina AX!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
This is great! My wife, Sheilah, is going to drive at the next Marina AX. She has zero seat time in the 914 so she is driving the car to get a feeling for it this week and next. I'm psyched! She wont set any blazing times, but it will be a blast watching her!
Joe Ricard
Just hope she don't beat ya. Time wise I mean.
So what's the trick I can't get mine to hardly ride in mine.
Drove it down the block once and never again.

Well good job man, hope it goes well for the both of you.
Jeroen
A big thumbs up for the wife!
IMO more women should get involved in AX or track driving!
nebreitling
good news!
grantsfo
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jul 12 2005, 06:20 PM)
Just hope she don't beat ya. Time wise I mean.
So what's the trick I can't get mine to hardly ride in mine.

You know what? I'd be one happy dude if she beat my times.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Jul 12 2005, 08:33 PM)
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jul 12 2005, 06:20 PM)
Just hope she don't beat ya.  Time wise I mean.
So what's the trick I can't get mine to hardly ride in  mine.

You know what? I'd be one happy dude if she beat my times.

Ya know... My wife has been beating me at AX since before we were married......

20 years of chasing her tail and I have only caught it once (she had a headache that day) biggrin.gif

If she really likes the AX, you may end up with a second money pit..err...umm... 914!!

.......Betty just looked over my shoulder and is all offended that I called her 914 a money pit!! She is calling mine a "money landfill". lol2.gif
Joe Ricard
20 years of chasing her tail and I have only caught it once (she had a headache that day)

If she really likes the AX, you may end up with a second money pit..err...umm... 914!!

.......Betty just looked over my shoulder and is all offended that I called her 914 a money pit!! She is calling mine a "money landfill".

Thats just too funny. Wife rode with me a few times through the cones. 1st thing she said waiting our turn was " I'm going to scream OK?" I replied "SO that don't mean I'm going to slow down." She started to reach for the door and harness latch Starter waved me to go and off I zoomed. Yup screamed the WHOLE course. mueba.gif
Trekkor
That's so cool, Grant. cool.gif
As you know, my wife attends all the a/x's with me at Marina.
She never drives, but she likes to walk the course with me in the morning, we have lunch together. It's nice to have her along as we make the long drive home.
She also takes some of the pictures and video for me.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Maybe she'd like to ride along in the a.m. confused24.gif

KT
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jul 13 2005, 05:11 AM)

Thats just too funny. Wife rode with me a few times through the cones. 1st thing she said waiting our turn was " I'm going to scream OK?" I replied "SO that don't mean I'm going to slow down." She started to reach for the door and harness latch Starter waved me to go and off I zoomed. Yup screamed the WHOLE course. mueba.gif

If you want to know how she feels, come to the MUSR and ride with Betty. I don't know how she does it, but she is fast!!!!

We followed Ron Mott's 3.6L 914/6 through the Arkansas countryside during one MUSR with her driving her 1.8L. There was absolutely no way we could keep up with Ron on the straights, but when we hit the twisty bits, she reeled him back in everytime.... driving-girl.gif

She did the NASCAR driving experience at TMS, and she was hitting the rev limiter the first time down the back stretch. The instructor kept telling her to slow up. biggrin.gif

I GOTTA build her a race car, just so I can see what she can do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.