Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 seater 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
cool thought.......i wonder..... idea.gif
Allan
Man you come up with some crazy freakin ideas. blink.gif
MattR
Hmm, you could put the engine up front, make it front wheel drive, and put 2 seats in back. In fact, you could turn the rest into a pickup truck. Maybe a V8 with a blower? Yessss
bd1308
just think dude.....reclining seats cool.gif

tube frame.....it's going to be awesome.
bd1308
QUOTE (MattR @ Jul 12 2005, 08:16 PM)
Hmm, you could put the engine up front, make it front wheel drive, and put 2 seats in back. In fact, you could turn the rest into a pickup truck. Maybe a V8 with a blower? Yessss

no.

shut down.
Dave Bell
You mean like this

bd1308
QUOTE (Dave Bell @ Jul 12 2005, 08:17 PM)
You mean like this

tell me thats a photoshop job?
Allan
Isn't that Z's place???
Rouser
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 12 2005, 10:20 PM)
tell me thats a photoshop job?

You haven't heard about Ferdinand's 914SS (Super Stretch)?

What cave have you been living in?
bd1308
I live in a RV....much different.

caves stay at 55dF all year.....my RV does not.
redshift
This isn't going to be another RTV thread, is it?

M
bd1308
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 12 2005, 08:44 PM)
This isn't going to be another RTV thread, is it?

M

miles you are RTV....

laugh.gif huh.gif
Qarl
Britt,

There's an AX version too...

Some guy built this car, but it only went through once race before breaking in half. Didn't corner too well either (wheelbase was too long0. But it was funny as hell to watch!
Qarl
Britt:

Ferdenand Peich had plans drawn for a 6-seater version of the 914 for use in factory tours at Stuttgart, but I don't think one was ever built.
bd1308
why would you AX that? stupid......

actually now that i do think about it, i'd have a 914 sedan, and those suck.

i'm stickin with my 2seater.
bd1308
QUOTE (Qarl @ Jul 12 2005, 09:29 PM)
The factory had drawn plans for a 6-seater version of the 914 for factory tours, but I don't think one was ever built.

actually that looks like 6 seats.....
Qarl
I edited my comments
Rand
You think YOUR rustly longs sag...
bd1308
hey how'd you know?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Qarl @ Jul 12 2005, 09:29 PM)
Britt:

Ferdenand Peich had plans drawn for a 6-seater version of the 914 for use in factory tours at Stuttgart, but I don't think one was ever built.

No leg room in the back seats........
rick 918-S
Hey Miles! Don't have a cow man...
boxstr
I had thought about removing the rear trunklid and adding a set of Subaru Brat reat seats. You could have them facing fore or aft.
CCLINBENNYBRAT
rick 918-S
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 12 2005, 06:27 PM)
I live in a RV....much different.

caves stay at 55dF all year.....my RV does not.

I thought it was a " Van down by the river"
bd1308
well okay....it's a 1989 Chrysler Caravan....i'm on my computer using a hacked internet connection and a power inverter. The cooler is full of drinks though. Go6t your pics hangin up with suction cups and picture frames.
Aaron Cox
dude....

wtf are you on dry.gif screwy.gif

dmenche914
can anyone say heated rumble seat?

I have seen photos in magazine of a 914 pick-up. Not a facotry idea, but neat looking.

rick 918-S
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 12 2005, 08:36 PM)
well okay....it's a 1989 Chrysler Caravan....i'm on my computer using a hacked internet connection and a power inverter. The cooler is full of drinks though. Go6t your pics hangin up with suction cups and picture frames.

clap.gif wavey.gif assimilate.gif
aircooledboy
laugh.gif w00t.gif chairfall.gif
Qarl, you're evil man. Just evil. lol2.gif beerchug.gif
SGB
When I got new seats the rear trunk lid was off, so I set the old ones in the back like rumble seats (like Craig's Suby idea, only facing forward). It would be really easy to bolt in just the mounts and slide the seats on for 4 seater capacity. Course the trunk lid has to be removed each time, and there is no seat belt, but....
Demick
QUOTE (Qarl @ Jul 12 2005, 08:29 PM)

Actually, they did build it, but it was never driven. Nobody could ever find first gear due to the 24 foot long shift linkage. wacko.gif
bd1308
actually didn't you read the actual article....the passenger (seat #5) shifted the car, while the driver engaged and disengaged the clutch. A Family bought the car but it sat in the driveway becuase they always bickered about how they would let each other know what gear they were in and when to shift....
Aaron Cox
no offense but...

everyone is now dumber for participating in this thread.... headbang.gif
Qarl
Aaron.. you are no fun! We're just trying to stoop down to your level.... But it will never happen... we will always be smarter than you!

mueba.gif
Aaron Cox
hard to compete with my single digit IQ rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.