Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speaker delete pic request
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nditiz1
Has anyone done a clean speaker pod removal. One of mine is busted and I was just thinking of removing them for a cleaner look. Has anyone done this? Do you still have the heater tube in place. Please post some pics, thanks!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the clean look is to leave them in and put a black shade behind them as the factory did. New grilles are cheap now that URO has duplicated them. Without the grill the blower hose and the inner wheel well with a hole in it are exposed giving the car a very very unclean look

QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Sep 3 2020, 07:09 AM) *

Has anyone done a clean speaker pod removal. One of mine is busted and I was just thinking of removing them for a cleaner look. Has anyone done this? Do you still have the heater tube in place. Please post some pics, thanks!

Cairo94507
100% agree with the Doc. beerchug.gif
jaredmcginness
I did exactly as said above.

I tossed the speakers and put the pods back in place.
I'll try not to kick them at any point tongue.gif
PanelBilly
I thought about covering mine with leather like the rest of the interior since I don’t want a radio but it hasn’t happened yet.
burton73
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 3 2020, 02:03 PM) *

I thought about covering mine with leather like the rest of the interior since I don’t want a radio but it hasn’t happened yet.

Blue 916 -- leather on speakers. I am going with this on my 6

Bob BClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
FOR ME...No audio system in Chucky, so I'm thinking about deleting speakers, modifying the face (grill section) with a recessed cubby space.
Just enough for house keys, remotes, masks etc...recovered to match the interior. Nothing too obvious, yet functional.

Oscar

burton73
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Sep 3 2020, 02:28 PM) *

FOR ME...No audio system in Chucky, so I'm thinking about deleting speakers, modifying the face (grill section) with a recessed cubby space.
Just enough for house keys, remotes, masks etc...recovered to match the interior. Nothing too obvious, yet functional.

Oscar

Oscar

My 73 911s had a factory carpeted area right there where you could drop you wheel llock key or whatever. Say a double carpeted to make a kangaroo pouch kind of thing. One carpet to seal the area and second piece to make the pouches.

Bob BClick to view attachment
Mark Henry
Tin snips, a piece of sheet metal, one 90 bend then wrap around a 2"pipe, some contact cement and some black leatherette.

I can't see it being too hard.
IronHillRestorations
20+ years ago I made a pattern for an all perlon interior, deleting the backpad and the speakers and grills. I just carpeted over the porthole in the jamb and the heater tubes. Unfortunately I scrapped the pattern for that part by accident.
Chris914n6
I was thinking 356 like, but with a cup/bottle holder. Likely 3d print it. Didn't run with it as I decided not to put speakers in the doors.
IronHillRestorations
If the speakers are going away, I really like the idea of the storage pouches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.