Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is This Fixture On The Engine Block
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
This is a new 2366 SCAT. The same area on the original 1.7 block is shut. I have no idea what this is. If I had to guess it's some performance thing.

What is this? Is there a fitting? DO I seal it?

Click to view attachment
JamesM
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Sep 3 2020, 08:01 AM) *

This is a new 2366 SCAT. The same area on the original 1.7 block is shut. I have no idea what this is. If I had to guess it's some performance thing.

Click to view attachment

The orange one is the cooling fan housing the blows air through the heat exchangers, should be one on the other side as well.

The hole in the block itself is an enormous oil leak. NOT a performance thing, looks like they used a bus case. That is were the bus oil filler attaches, you will need a blockoff plate.
falcor75
QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 3 2020, 06:09 PM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Sep 3 2020, 08:01 AM) *

The orange one is the cooling fan housing the blows air through the heat exchangers, should be one on the other side as well.

The hole in the block itself is an enormous oil leak. NOT a performance thing, looks like they used a bus case. That is were the bus oil filler attaches, you will need a blockoff plate.

+1 on a buss case. I got the same on the engine I now have despite having sent a 914 case to the engine builder. I sent the engine back and told them to use my case.
VaccaRabite
Just make a block off with some aluminum and bolt it on. Easy. I am using the same case on my 2056 and its just not an issue.

A case is a case is a case.

Zach
7TPorsh
I see some block off plates out there. Is there something already made? Mechanic is a bit lazy.
IronHillRestorations
There's a factory part. I think I may have one
porschetub
All well and good blocking it off but unless the dipstick tube has been drilled for the case (as per 914 case ) there will be no way to check oil level.
You can use the original bus filler tube and cut it down that way you retain the bus dipstick portion,you will need to use a 914 breather filler assembly.

7TPorsh
I have a dipstick and breather. Actually I need the retaining clip for the breather.

I was told this was a Porsche block ...hmmm.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

porschetub
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Sep 4 2020, 09:23 AM) *

I have a dipstick and breather. Actually I need the retaining clip for the breather.

I was told this was a Porsche block ...hmmm.

All good then,case must have been drilled for the tube or you have a weird case biggrin.gif ,just block it off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.