Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 of the top 10 Car FS Ads are not the owners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
Yep, right now in the classifieds, 5 of the top ten FS ads are links to other peoples cars. Why, do you help sell a total strangers car? Do you think that by widening the audience for our cars for sale might drive overall prices up over time?
Really just wondering. Wouldn't someone who is seriously looking to buy a 914 search everywhere they could to find the right car for them at the right price.

After recently losing out on a couple of good deals, I'm not sure I agree with this practice. I searched and found a good deal, not even local. I talked to the owner and was negotiating a price. I was arranging for pick up. When all of sudden he wouldn't return phone calls. I then found his local craigslist ad posted here. He got a barrage of phone calls and realized he could get more money.

I think you let shoppers shop and sellers sell.

I'm saying all this tongue in cheek, not trying to get under someone skin. Continue your practices, yada yada.

By the way I will be selling a roller in the near future, feel free to cross post my ad. I love the bump in price.
Montreal914
There are sub-forums here in the classified for Craigslist and the other sites, maybe these rules should be enforced? confused24.gif
Tdskip
Well, I’m not in favor of limiting awareness or information flow on the off chance someone here may be trying to work a deal.

If I see a car that looks decent and I’m not going to try and take it down why shouldn’t I post it here for the community?

Others may see it differently...
Mark Henry
The odd time I link a car for sale in Canada, I could stop so you or someone actually interested never, ever sees these cars.

I'll keep the six I saw yesterday under my hat.
Jett
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 4 2020, 06:58 PM) *

The odd time I link a car for sale in Canada, I could stop so you or someone actually interested never, ever sees these cars.

smile.gif I am always looking smile.gif
EdwardBlume
It’s all part of the hunt.... stay thirsty my friend!
VegasRacer
Here Mike - Since you don't want us posting other peoples cars in the For Sale ads, I will use this thread instead. type.gif

This one has the best price for a 914 - FREE. biggrin.gif
https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/d/hende...7191067908.html
brcacti
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 4 2020, 06:58 PM) *

I like to see pics of 914s, ghia's and very old VWs when you happen to see them while driving around near or far.
76-914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 6 2020, 10:56 AM) *

Here Mike - Since you don't want us posting other peoples cars in the For Sale ads, I will use this thread instead. type.gif

This one has the best price for a 914 - FREE. biggrin.gif
https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/d/hende...7191067908.html

That trailer is from the same era as the 914. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.