Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will 15x7 phone dials fit a NB?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andrewck
Searched the world for 40 mins this am and couldn't find an answer, so I'm asking for help.

I have a friend with an extra set of 15x7 late offset phone dials off his 944. Will these fit on my 5-lug conversion NB?

I also ordered 195x65x15 for some 15x6 cookie cutters I have, but are not true. Will I be able to mount these tires on the phone dials?

Thanks in advance
SirAndy
What's the offset on the phone-dials?

7" wheels are a tight fit on a narrow body car, even with the perfect offset. You will have to roll the fender lip at a minimum.

If the offset is positive, you should be able to use spacers to get the wheels to exactly where they need to be, otherwise, you'll have to pull the fenders.

As for the tires, those 195s should be OK, but is depends on the brand and how they are manufactured.
195 is the min. width for a 7" rim. Ideal would be 205 or 215 while 225 is starting to bulge.

bye1.gif

Tdskip
Check me on this - but I believe just like with cookies there were different sizes and offset for various applications, as already indicated you need to be pretty diligent about checking prior to buying.
Mueller
Those 15*7 phone dials should be 23mm offset.

Fit fine up front, the rear might be too close to the outside fender lip.
Racer
early offset phone dials are ET 23.3 (same as 7x15 fuchs)

late offset phone dials are ET 52.3 (just 3-4mm more than 7x15 911R fuchs)

So.. yes, they can fit. You would need either 1) longer studs and spacers or 2) adaptors for the late offset wheels.

A 195/65-15s will fit on either 6 or 7" wheels.

Cookies were made in 6x15 (et36) or 7x15 (et23.3). Any other size cookie has been modded from these source wheels (I know some folks claim to have or have seen 8x15 cookies.. if so, they were custom)
Gint
7" wheels will fit just fine on a narrow body 914 *if* you have the right offset. 35mm is perfect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.