Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Lever Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Curuge
I'm a realtively new 914 owner.

My Heater lever light does not come on when I pull the lever.

Does the indicator light require a ground wire? Mine only has a power supply wire
rgolia
The level does not turn the light on, it goes on with the parking lights.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rgolia @ Sep 8 2020, 02:31 PM) *

agree.gif
brcacti

Oh really? I was wondering about this, will try the parking lights, you are referring to the small headlights in front I think. To me it seems like the light should come on with the headlights, is there a reason for the heater light to come on with the parking lights anyone know about?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(brcacti @ Sep 8 2020, 06:34 PM) *

Oh really? I was wondering about this, will try the parking lights, you are referring to the small headlights in front I think. To me it seems like the light should come on with the headlights, is there a reason for the heater light to come on with the parking lights anyone know about?

It is wired in the instrument light circuit. When you have dash lights, your heater light is on.

Clay
ejm
QUOTE(brcacti @ Sep 8 2020, 07:34 PM) *

is there a reason for the heater light to come on with the parking lights anyone know about?

Sometime in the early '70's Federal law required all controls to be illuminated. VW Beetles had a funky little spot light under the dash that shined onto the controls between the seats.
Tbrown4x4
That light is grounded by one of the mounting screws. And yes, it lights with the dash lights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.