Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lookin for driving shoes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
My wife bought me a pair of piloti driving shoes, before ^Eastron^ was born....the shoes leather gave out after three months....i had them repaired and the darn things ripped again....so...now I am looking for some driving shoes of similar design, i guesse you could call them touring shoes..... but what brand are descent for walking as well as driving
steve
here is a pic of the old piloti pair dry.gif
redshift
user posted image

I got these in like a green color, for like $89.00. That is my foot.

M
Jacques
sad2.gif If you don't need an FIA Homologated shoe,. these are decent --

user posted image
Jeroen
unless you need a real supportive shoe, those puma's are nice, both for driving and walking
check your local sport-shop, most brands have shoes like that now adays
Joe Ricard
I found a pair of driving shoes on Evil bay. Leather, high top says they are gor Go Karts. but IDONNO seem to be the same. haven't driven in them yet except playing GT4 in the living room.

sole is not soft rubber but not hard plastic either. 35 bucks shipped. What the heck I'll try them. They look fast>>>>>>>>>>>>
pete-stevers
miles..... what you didn't show was the little red dress you were also wearing....did you get any nicks shaving the legs???
redshift
Shave!? HAH! Ever heard of electrolo.. eleelctroliy.. have you ever heard of waxing?

smile.gif

I like boxing shoes for driving, nothing to them..

M
djm914-6
I bought a pair of LL Bean's driving mocs. They look a bit like slippers and are just as comfortable. Great feel on the go and stop buttons.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...26&filter2=A103
lapuwali
For some reason, "driving style" shoes (they look just like real driving shoes, but aren't fireproof) are very popular at the moment. I'm told most big shoe stores (like Foot Locker) will have them now. I showed up at a (young) cousin's house wearing a set of actual driving shoes (in the middle of a 3000 mile drive), and was told they were really "in". I'm old, so I don't know these things.

So, if you don't require it to be fireproof, you can get them as easily as a pair of sneakers. If you DO want a pair of fireproof jobs, Racer's Warehouse has 'em pretty cheap.

I personally, never cared much for the driving mocs. They look more like normal shoes, which can be nice day to day, but they're just not as comfy while driving as the slipper type "racing" shoes. Just my two cents.
Brando
For driving... can't beat some solid-bottom slippers, or good old-fashioned Chucks (before they were made in China).
CptTripps
agree.gif

I go through 4-5 pair of low-top chucks a year.
JmuRiz
I've got some puma speed cats also...I think those pictured are the fireproof ones (with sparco on the tongue)...the ones in sporting goods stores aren't. Not like that matters to me.
Randal
Summit has the Nomex lined Simpson shoes for $89.95 (high tops). Low tops are $10.00 cheaper.

dinomium
I have had my Piloti DTMs for two years, no worries... I also like the new Oakley shoo
very kewl!
bondo
Driving shoe: driving.gif

Qarl
What size are you Steve?

I have a new pair of Oakley driving shoes? But they are a bit too narrow in the toe.

http://oakley.com/o/o1690d

TimT
Lots of DE enthusiasts I know use wrestling shoes, they can be had at any major footwear place.

I currently have Simpson high top shoes, but they are at the end of there service life. Next set Im buying will be G force, they have SFI rating, and arearound $55 for the ones I want
Rough_Rider
Either get a pair of low ankle race shoes, puma, oakley, sparco, alpine stars etc. The mid or high ankle stuff really isn't needed in a road car. They might even hamper your heel & toeing.

Or a good narrow flat soled tranier works just as well. Vans are excellent.
jhadler
If you don't need nomex, SFI or FIA certification, wrestling shoes are a -great- option. I picked mine up new for around $10 about 5 years ago. Not something for walking aruond the paddock all day in, but they're perfect for when you're strapped in behind the wheel...

-Josh2
Jeroen
I just bought these last friday for $50
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.