Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brush on undercoat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
My car is a bit rough - probably should be cut up for parts but I am gonna drive it - as I have owned far worse cars when I was younger biggrin.gif I have not removed the tar from the interior floor boards nor have I removed the paint from under the floor pan. I want to merely lightly clean and rough up and paint these areas with a brush for protection. What products can I use on areas that are not thoroughly preped and what other tips can you guys offer? Thanks - Jim
redshift
icon_bump.gif

no don't go off the front paaaaaaaage....

m
jimkelly
My current inclination is to lightly sand the surfaces, vaccum, spray on and wipe some metal ready, and then brush on por 15 semi gloss black. I was wondering if this is the general way to go for a clunker - to be daily beater - non concourse car?

Jim driving.gif
914efi
I have the same issue with my beloved buick wagon.

I was going to grind to bare metal, use self-etching primer and paint. I would like to use some kind of paintable undercoat, but also do not know what would be good.

I actually have rust where the roof rack is attached due to saltwater running off the windsurfers after use.
MattR
How about EDead V3 ?

Ive heard good stuff about it, you'll cut out the sound, and its supposidly strong enough to be used as an undercoating. Oh, and they say you can sand it and paint over the surface.
jr91472
Please don't spray over the tar mats. I can almost promise you that there is rust underneath them. You will only hide the problem and make it harder to fix later.

beer.gif
bondo
I'd have to reccomend against por-15. It takes full preparation to work well. Also, it's terrible for anything you want to go back and repair later, as it's VERY difficult to remove.
bondo
Hmm, I might try that edead stuff.. it even comes in blue!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.