Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914 sport seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
vintagedavid
For sale is a sport seat for 914 with high bolsters. I recently purchased this seat for my car, but it's just a tad bit snug for me. Price REDUCED TO $900 + shipping from WA. It seems that this seat may be an aftermarket sport seat. Either way, it is well done and hugs the torso. Feel free to make an offer. I am having difficulty adding new photos to the post.
steuspeed
Where are you in WA?
vintagedavid
I am in University Place, WA
vintagedavid
PRICE REDUCED TO $900 + SHIPPING FROM WA.
DRPHIL914
@vintagedavid
are these black or dark brown, its hard to see, also, just one seat or 2?

Phil
Jett
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 14 2020, 07:54 AM) *

@vintagedavid
are these black or dark brown, its hard to see, also, just one seat or 2?

Phil

Looks Brown
vintagedavid
The seat is dark brown. Only 1 seat.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(vintagedavid @ Sep 14 2020, 11:21 AM) *

The seat is dark brown. Only 1 seat.

darn! i do love the brown, and would consider it if i had not done new interior in black
thanks for the quick response too , I have been looking at a higher bolster seat for quite some time, but may just hve to find a core to build up from scratch. GLWTS, wish it were black!

Phil
vintagedavid
Phil -- There is high quality vinyl paint that can be used on this seat to make it a black seat.
vintagedavid
This rare seat is still available.
914Sixer
I believe that seat is a Aiuto Atlanta custom made seat.
mepstein
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 16 2020, 05:47 PM) *

agree.gif
burton73
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 16 2020, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 16 2020, 05:47 PM) *

agree.gif

Gt Sport Seat, 914-6 914 ONE SEAT fresh

Bob B
vintagedavid
This could certainly be the case. I will reach out to George.
scallyk9
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 16 2020, 02:47 PM) *

I have one of these for my 3.2L conversion. I do notice that the brown seat has seams halfway through the high bolsters which the AutoAtlanta seats don't seem to have so this may have been a different upholsterer's creation. That said, it is a factory seat other than the bolsters.
Mikey914
Pretty sure it's not factory. The main reason I say that is the "bricks" are square, the OEM material has more rounded edges. I can't find a listing in PET for any thing other than "please starte color" or "comfort seat" for the early. I'm curious now was there a "GT" version of this seat?
Mikey914
Looks like George claims it
http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Gt-Spor...AA52138300.html
Would be ideal if you have a brown car as I'm sure he isn't stocking these and shipping adds up.
Ferg
Have you had it against a factory brown interior? And is the match spot on?
vintagedavid
George wants better photos of the seat to help determine what I have. I plan to take the photos today as the seat is in storage. I looked at photos of a 914 I had many years ago which had a brown interior and it looked like the same color brown.
bdstone914
QUOTE(vintagedavid @ Sep 17 2020, 08:58 AM) *

George wants better photos of the seat to help determine what I have. I plan to take the photos today as the seat is in storage. I looked at photos of a 914 I had many years ago which had a brown interior and it looked like the same color brown.

As other have pointed out it is not a factory supplied seat. I have never heard of that option. It is not a real 914-6 GT seat. Renegade has also supplied modified seats like that. It could have been done by any shop. I don't think the actual supplier matters as to the value. I think the value is based on the quality of the job and current condition.
You may want to see what current prices are for those type of modified seats and price accordingly.

Is it a drivers of passenger seat ? The drivers seat is relieved for the hand brake.
Does it have rails attached to the bottom?

As to the color I have heard that the Porsche brown option varied. It a buyer was concerned they should compare the color to their color.

Good luck with sale
mepstein
Yes, dark brown is different on early cars from later. The headrest on a drivers side slopes down towards the door. Passenger side slopes toward passenger door. You can see it on any 914 looking through the back window.
vintagedavid
George from Auto Atlanta just confirmed that this is one of their converted sport seats. Please feel free to make an offer.
ValcoOscar
I have a set I'm about to reupholster for Chucky.

Feel good and will keep my fat ass in place lol-2.gif

Oscar
Click to view attachment
burton73
QUOTE(vintagedavid @ Sep 17 2020, 10:49 AM) *

George from Auto Atlanta just confirmed that this is one of their converted sport seats. Please feel free to make an offer.

George's price is $450. fresh. With core.

Bob B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.