Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Royal Purple oil?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Who is using it? How does it perform?

site to order is here http://www.karlracing.com/html/motor_oil.html

or is there a cheaper site??

Jake Raby
Recommended for ALL RAT engines after the 2,000 mile break in....

It's in every car I own..

It did better in my oil test a few years ago than anything else- coolest oil temps and best efficiency!

Those guys have it for 100 bucks for 5 Gallons- thats a smokin deal!
tat2dphreak
it's cheaper than that at Pepboys... $4.99 I think per quart.

I think Jake has used RP and really likes it.
URY914
Jake, which weight do you use?

Paul
Joe Ricard
I would say that's a pretty good price. Jeg's is more I think.
I was buying Red line from Advance Auto (FLAPS) until they stopped carrying it. confused24.gif about 6 bucks a quart.
Robert21
flag.gif after i read about it from jake, I tryed it and my oil temperature went down
10 degrees. Got it at Pepboys . so far so good.

in sunny calif Robert21
cnavarro
I have used royal purple in all my water cooled cars since about 1995 (when I got my learners permit and in turn had to do the maintainence on the cars). When I get a chance, I'm switching all my other vehicles (aircooled and old, old watercooled) to RP (waiting since I do extended drain intervals on the current synthetics i'm running).
anthony
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Jul 13 2005, 07:14 AM)
It did better in my oil test a few years ago than anything else- coolest oil temps and best efficiency!

Jake, is your oil test online somwhere? I'm wondering how Royal Purple did against the other usual synthetics like Mobil1 or Valvoline Synthetic.
Jake Raby
Mobil 1 is horrible in a TIV, the only thing I saw that was worse was Amsoil. This isn't a 911 engine!

Amsoil and Mobil 1 were both spanked to death by Castrol GTX dino oil!!!

The second best oil was Valvoline full synthetic- I sometimes use it in my bus and have had good results with the same temp yields as the Royal Purple.

All my test data has been removed from the web, thanks to stromberg.gif !

Never to be shared for free again.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.