Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Parking Brake Cable Clip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BeatNavy
Apparently I need this (circled in red). It's part 28 in the PET diagram I believe.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I am willing to pay top dollar, TOP DOLLAR I SAY!
bdstone914
@BeatNavy
date='Sep 12 2020, 04:11 PM' post='2850704']
Apparently I need this (circled in red). It's part 28 in the PET diagram I believe.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I am willing to pay top dollar, TOP DOLLAR I SAY!
[/quote]

You should be able to use a clutch cable clevis pin in there.
BeatNavy
Thanks, Bruce. I'm having a hard time picturing that. I'll check it out in the morning.
mepstein
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Sep 12 2020, 07:48 PM) *

Thanks, Bruce. I'm having a hard time picturing that. I'll check it out in the morning.

I think Rob is talking about the spring holding arm that is on the mid and later cars. Early cars didn't use a spring. They also have a cable cover that early cars did without. I think I sold all of mine but I'll check tomorrow when I'm home.
carl k
Click to view attachment

I've got the broken cable (lower one in the picture) that has the piece you need.

-Carl
bdstone914
@BeatNavy

date='Sep 12 2020, 04:48 PM' post='2850715']
[/quote]

I was thinking you only needed the pin. Not a hard part to fabricate. If i have some stock that thickness i could make one. I dont have any spares as i sell them with handle assemblies.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 12 2020, 08:13 PM) *

I think Rob is talking about the spring holding arm that is on the mid and later cars. Early cars didn't use a spring. They also have a cable cover that early cars did without. I think I sold all of mine but I'll check tomorrow when I'm home.

Mark, are these only on late cars? The PET doesn't show that, but I could be reading it wrong. Mine is a '72 (Nov '71 build).

Thanks. I was hoping this would explain why my parking brake tends to stick rather annoyingly (and why I never use them).
mepstein
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Sep 13 2020, 07:55 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 12 2020, 08:13 PM) *

Mark, are these only on late cars? The PET doesn't show that, but I could be reading it wrong. Mine is a '72 (Nov '71 build).

Thanks. I was hoping this would explain why my parking brake tends to stick rather annoyingly (and why I never use them).

Mid years as well but I don't know the cutoff. If you have the tab and hole for a spring on the firewall, it probably uses the clip. I know none of my '71 cars use the spring or cable cover.

It's a good idea to lube all the cables, including clutch and accelerator, even when new. I would remove one end and drip some bike chain lube down the cable, into the housing.
BeatNavy
Ok, thanks. So I guess I don't need the part, boys. Sorry, and I really was going to pay "top dollar" smile.gif

Mark, the parking brake cables are both new (well, about a year old). I probably need to lube them as you suggest and maybe ALL parts of the system, including handle. Problem started about 3 years ago, and my handbrake only gets used at state safety inspection as otherwise I need to get under the car and tap with a hammer or something.
mepstein
These cars need every moving part lubed. Especially with our east coast humidity.
bdstone914
@BeatNavy
' date='Sep 13 2020, 06:04 AM' post='2850837']
Ok, thanks. So I guess I don't need the part, boys. Sorry, and I really was going to pay "top dollar" smile.gif

Mark, the parking brake cables are both new (well, about a year old). I probably need to lube them as you suggest and maybe ALL parts of the system, including handle. Problem started about 3 years ago, and my handbrake only gets used at state safety inspection as otherwise I need to get under the car and tap with a hammer or something.
[/quote]

Check the grommets in the e brake cables. It damaged they can let dirt and water in allowing the cables to stick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.