Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Inner fender passenger side
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ndfrigi
Anyone has a nice used piece for this area where the battery tray is welded?
My 74 Bahia red has this temporary fixed made by someone from previous owner. Lots of bondo from the inner side and also by the inner fender.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Good morning - I don't have that panel but if you end up ordering a new one I need the same piece and maybe we could split the shipping cost.

Is this the one you are looking for?

http://www.autoatlanta.com/results.php?par...r=914%201970-76

Lower And Upper 914 Inner Wheel House (one Piece); Right; 914 1...

91450194420C

At last, a solution to right frame rail rust. The inner rocker solves the problem from the jack post to the front, but what about under the jack post to the rear? The solution is our right inner wheel house repair panel. It solves both right rear frame rot as well as the behind the battery tray rust-through. Easily welded in, it restores these areas' strength, as well as the stock appearance. One piece does it all! Piece is made extra strong and coated for good rust protection.

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
Good morning Tom!
I just need the piece along the circled part on my pic which is damaged from original welded part from battery tray to the inner wall.
I don’t think I need the whole piece being sold by AA. Did check Restoration Design and not being sold also on what I need. If I can’t find one, I might try to fabricate one.

Thanks and stay safe!
Tdskip
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 17 2020, 10:01 AM) *

Good morning Tom!
I just need the piece along the circled part on my pic which is damaged from original welded part from battery tray to the inner wall.
I don’t think I need the whole piece being sold by AA. Did check Restoration Design and not being sold also on what I need. If I can’t find one, I might try to fabricate one.

Thanks and stay safe!

Sorry, I was looking at the rest of it that looks a bit lumpy. If all you’re after is that piece then I would fabricate it because it’s going to be overkill to get a whole panel.
914werke
I have a piece I saved when doing an complete inner wheelhouse replacement. Let me get a pic. I think its what you are after
ndfrigi
QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 18 2020, 04:25 PM) *

I have a piece I saved when doing an complete inner wheelhouse replacement. Let get a pic I think its what you are after

yes pls share a picture of it. thanks Rich!
ndfrigi
QUOTE(cary @ Sep 19 2020, 08:31 PM) *

Thank you @Cary for sharing this. I think those are for the lower part and I need is just the upper area just behind the battery tray.

Thanks again for your help like before when we talked about the suspension ear.

Take care and God bless!
ndfrigi
Hello teeners,

still trying to check if someone has the inner wheel
well wall or where the battery tray hold by the side wall.
Did some more cleaning on the engine bay and I poke with a screwdriver those bondo that was used to cover the holes from where the battery tray was welded.

Hope to find a useable piece cut from a parts car.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

914werke
crap! sorry totally fell off my radar ~
The one I have turned out to be patched but is as least solid
Pic to follow
ndfrigi
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 15 2020, 01:50 PM) *

crap! sorry totally fell off my radar ~
The one I have turned out to be patched but is as least solid
Pic to follow

Yes pls Rich, share a pic of it. As long I can grind the old weld with the battery tray and able to grind/sand it to bare metal before welding it. thank you!
carl k
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This has some patches for the hell hole but looks like it might be solid enough in the area you need. Want me to scrape off the undercoat and check it? I'm in San Jose, CA.

thanks,
Carl
ndfrigi
QUOTE(carl k @ Oct 15 2020, 02:49 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This has some patches for the hell hole but looks like it might be solid enough in the area you need. Want me to scrape off the undercoat and check it? I'm in San Jose, CA.

thanks,
Carl

Hi Carl, thank you for responding.

Below is the area that I just need and if you think it is solid after removing that old battery tray. I maybe interested and pls send me a personal message for the price and if you’re willing to cut the piece I need. And again, if only you are ok to cut the piece I need. I know you can sell the whole thing on the picture to someone which will be better for you.

Click to view attachment
cary
Buy the new part from George, cut out what you need.
I'll buy the bottom half.
http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Lower-A...450194420C.html

Click to view attachment

If not interested, no harm, no foul.

ndfrigi
QUOTE(cary @ Oct 15 2020, 08:11 PM) *

Buy the new part from George, cut out what you need.
I'll buy the bottom half.
http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Lower-A...450194420C.html

Click to view attachment

If not interested, no harm, no foul.

Thank you @cary for your offer to split the whole part if buying it from AA. For now a member gave me a good option or what I really need. Just waiting for shipping details.

ndfrigi
QUOTE(carl k @ Oct 15 2020, 02:49 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

thanks,
Carl

@Carl K, thank you again for your effort. For now waiting for the shipping details from a member that has the actual piece I need. Let you know if it didn’t work out.

thank you again!
carl k
No problem. Cary's solution was a better one than me cutting up this quarter, but I'm glad someone might have exactly what you need.

-Carl

PS: entire quarter for sale for $150, pick up in San Jose, CA.
Front yard mechanic
Just fab that part yourself it is not a complicated part. Cut out the damage ,make a pattern, grab a firewood log and hammer into shape shouldn't take more thank an hour. Good luck or just buy the part for 200 and quit headbang.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Oct 16 2020, 10:36 AM) *

Just fab that part yourself it is not a complicated part. Cut out the damage ,make a pattern, grab a firewood log and hammer into shape shouldn't take more thank an hour. Good luck or just buy the part for 200 and quit headbang.gif

oh yes sir I think I can fabricate but lately kinda try to find a piece I need and if price is not bad.

I was able to fabricate some metal for my suspension ear before.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I will be taking Rich offer.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.