Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 997 turbo spy pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
olav

So, Porsche is testing the new 997 tt here in CA and some guy takes some "spy" pics.

In the last pic a yellow 914 stopped to chat with the test drivers.

That's cool.

Have to save that pic!!

997 pics with 914!

smilie_pokal.gif
mikerose
Can you say Howard.

cool_shades.gif
Aaron Cox
howad indeed....

mulholland and PCH???
GWN7
Interesting to see the higher rez pictures....shows the flat black stuff they added to hide the body style.
tat2dphreak
those are big effin' wings on those bastiches
JmuRiz
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Jul 13 2005, 12:35 PM)
Interesting to see the higher rez pictures....shows the flat black stuff they added to hide the body style.

Yep, what's with the 'speed holes' around the taillights too. Think they'll have some kind of vent around the lights to remove the heat? I'm sure it'll be wild with those large side vents and huge whale tails.
jgara962
So much for being incognito, who wouldn't notice seven 997's, the same color driving around together lol2.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (jgara962 @ Jul 13 2005, 03:40 PM)
So much for being incognito, who wouldn't notice seven 997's, the same color driving around together lol2.gif

biggrin.gif One of us. We'd be to enthralled with the 914 to even notice the 997 laugh.gif
"Hey man you're uh, black car is leaking some kind of watery substance" rolleyes.gif
TimT
laugh.gif
Howard
QUOTE (olav @ Jul 13 2005, 12:17 PM)
So, Porsche is testing the new 997 tt here in CA and some guy takes some "spy" pics.

In the last pic a yellow 914 stopped to chat with the test drivers.

That's cool.

Have to save that pic!!

997 pics with 914!

smilie_pokal.gif

Olav, thanks for the hi-res. But these pix still don't do these cars injustice. Filthy, covered with cobbed up panels and black racer's tape. Just plain fugly.
Comment from one of the engineering types looking at my car:
Vhe don't haf many of zheez in Chermany. You don't haf rust in Kalfornia?
I didn't want to tell him about the repaired long under the battery, new tray, support, jack posts etc. unsure.gif
Dead Air
The doors on the 997's fit pretty nice! icon8.gif
MattR
QUOTE (Howard @ Jul 13 2005, 05:22 PM)
Comment from one of the engineering types looking at my car:
Vhe don't haf many of zheez in Chermany.  You don't haf rust in Kalfornia?  
I didn't want to tell him about the repaired long under the battery, new tray, support, jack posts etc.  :unsure:

you coulda said "trade ya"

you never know, maybe you could have got a prototype in return?
redshift
QUOTE (MattR @ Jul 13 2005, 10:17 PM)

Bo Jeees! Here we go again!

M
bd1308
California....knows how to party....

California....knows how to partay....

in the city...........
Howard
QUOTE (MattR @ Jul 13 2005, 07:17 PM)
you coulda said "trade ya"

Even offered to throw in Miles' goat and promise to destroy the car (or leave it in a vacant lot somewhere aktion035.gif ), but no deal.
sportlicherFahrer
whats with the crazy water cooled import guys runnin different rims front to back?! Is it an art statement...or does it add horsepower? lol2.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE (Dave Eddy @ Jul 13 2005, 05:32 PM)
The doors on the 997's fit pretty nice! icon8.gif

They look fine to me. Remember there's a huge vent just behind the door to feed the intercoolers (kindda like a combo of the CGT and Cayman sidescoop)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.