Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long shot: Half shaft needed at Road America.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vintage914racer
Long story short, I broke a cv joint at Road America In my 914-6. I checked with numerous Porsche outfits here and no one has one on hand.

Naturally the CV joints I have as spares in my trailer are fine spline and my car has coarse spline. I know they’re pretty unobtanium. In the even someone has. 914-6 cv or a complete halfshaft (-4 or -6 would do at this point).

I know it’s a long shot, but I thought I’d throw it out there.
mb911
QUOTE(vintage914racer @ Sep 19 2020, 04:01 PM) *

Long story short, I broke a cv joint at Road America In my 914-6. I checked with numerous Porsche outfits here and no one has one on hand.

Naturally the CV joints I have as spares in my trailer are fine spline and my car has coarse spline. I know they’re pretty unobtanium. In the even someone has. 914-6 cv or a complete halfshaft (-4 or -6 would do at this point).

I have a few -4 cvs.. I would think @freezin would have some though.
vintage914racer
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 19 2020, 04:08 PM) *

You don’t have a whole halfshaft, do you? A quick swap of the flanges and it would work.
mb911
QUOTE(vintage914racer @ Sep 19 2020, 04:56 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 19 2020, 04:08 PM) *

You don’t have a whole halfshaft, do you? A quick swap of the flanges and it would work.

Just whats in my car..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.