Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bugs by the River
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 9 AM – 3 PM
55–79°F Sunny

Acme Car Co (the people who are still making VW based buggies and sandrails) is hosting an Aircooled meet at their factory near Harrisburg PA.

I'm planning on going in the 914, and would be cool to get a bunch of 914s to show up.

They are going to be giving factory tours and other stuff.

Click to view attachment

Zach
Unobtanium-inc
Like this?
TonyA
Dam I have another commitment again!! Enjoy
Racer
Including the address/location could prove helpful...
struckn
[quote name='Racer' date='Sep 22 2020, 04:25 AM' post='2853314']
Including the address/location could prove helpful...

I pulled up on "Goggle Maps" the Acme Car Company's location to be at
201 Ross Ave, New Cumberland, Pa. 17070.

Might be a good destination to take a ride to and hang out for a while.

Doug[/[/b]color]

VaccaRabite
Saturday should have been a great driving day in central PA.
15 minutes before I pulled the 914 out of the garage it was cloudy and humid but dry, and weather was saying 0% rain till 2PM.

Literally the moment I pulled the 914 out the rain started. But the forecast said no rain all day so I let the car warm up and headed off with my GF. 15 minutes later it was POURING. Amy was getting dripped on going down the road. Forecast now said rain all day - and we turned around, got in the 4Runner and got breakfast.

IPB Image

IPB Image

After breakfast we decided to run up to Harrisburg for the day anyway. Since we were in the area, we stopped by the show and I'm glad we did. There was a good turn out even with the total dogshit weather. The show started late and a good amount of cars were arriving when we got there.

IPB Image

IPB Image

There were a ton of Bugs and Buses, but I didn't seem to take many pictures of them. One of the bugs was Suby powered. I bet that's amusing. No 914s this year, and all of those open top buggies were sopping wet.

The show is in the ACME car company which still makes buggy bodies, and does conversions. They have molds for about 5 different body styles, all of which were on display.

They were also letting people wander around their factory, and I bought some parts I could use for the 914 out of there (pretty damn large) store and (equally large) used parts area.

IPB Image

IPB Image

It was a fun show. I wish the weather had been a bit better so I could have brought the 914.

Zach
Racer
Thanks for the pics! I presume buggies are moade for all weather.. a little rain shouldn't stop them! I've always wanted a myers manx.
TonyA
Looks like you have a good wax job on the car!!
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Racer @ Sep 28 2020, 11:29 AM) *

Thanks for the pics! I presume buggies are moade for all weather.. a little rain shouldn't stop them! I've always wanted a myers manx.

I kinda want one too.
I've been watching videos of off roading in VW buggies for the past day now.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.