Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master brake cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
When I took the old master cylinder off, these 2 wires were dangling next to it. Do I have the wrong sensor, is there a 2 prong? How can I make this work?

Thanks in advance,
JohnClick to view attachment
mepstein
Just tape off one of the brown wires and connect the other. It works fine that way.
Morph914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 20 2020, 10:34 AM) *

Just tape off one of the brown wires and connect the other. It works fine that way.

Great! Thank you
914Sixer
Make sure you put a boot over it.
Mikey914
P me your shipping If you don't have one I'll send one out.
-Mark
ri914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 20 2020, 04:07 PM) *

P me your shipping If you don't have one I'll send one out.
-Mark

There is a sensor that has 2 prongs. I think I have a picture of it in the FS section.

Its good to know you only need one wire. What is the sensor for? Low fluid?
Mikey914
The single prong makes thr circuit through the body of the casting. The dual prong (factory version) had 2 prongs.
When we made our 1st batch of these they were machined just like factory. We couldn't find a 2 pole sensor in the correct size. So we had to use a single. It does exactly the same thing but as I mentioned the circuit is completed differently.

The good news is we did find a 2 pole sensor for this next batch we are doing, it just has a different thread than the stock. So it will work on our new ones, but is not retrofit compatible with what we had made.
Sorry about that. Just couldn't find one that was a quality part that we could use.

lierofox
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Sep 20 2020, 11:58 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 20 2020, 10:34 AM) *

Great! Thank you

If you decide to stick with the current switch, specifically tape off the brown wire, and connect the brown wire with the white stripe to the terminal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.