Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh Air Blower Motor Gasket?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RichPugh
So... Im already grabbing the two flapper gaskets and the ring seal that goes between the blower motor assembly and the fresh air inlet housing... But...

Does anyone make a replacement gasket for the actual blower motor that sits in the 2 split cases of the fan housing?

I cant find it on 914R, Stoddard, AutoA, Pelican or SierraM... etc. I also cant find the part number so Im assuming maybe it just comes on the fan motor assembly?

I have all the gaskets/seals for the parts circled in green. I'm hunting down the one circled in red.

-Rich

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
We are working on that one now looks like we are about 45 days out right now.
Mark
RichPugh
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 20 2020, 08:36 PM) *

Mark

Well, lucky for you, I'm really good at procrastinating, LOL. I can probably use the one I have but its quite brittle and dried out. I'll try to wait for yours thumb3d.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(RichPugh @ Sep 20 2020, 04:16 PM) *

So... Im already grabbing the two flapper gaskets and the ring seal that goes between the blower motor assembly and the fresh air inlet housing... But...

Does anyone make a replacement gasket for the actual blower motor that sits in the 2 split cases of the fan housing?

I cant find it on 914R, Stoddard, AutoA, Pelican or SierraM... etc. I also cant find the part number so Im assuming maybe it just comes on the fan motor assembly?

I have all the gaskets/seals for the parts circled in green. I'm hunting down the one circled in red.

-Rich

Click to view attachment

For the one circled in red I cut a strip of 3/16" foam and made regular notches and fit it around the blower.
Very thin double side tape works well between the housing and fan assembly. Use of a thicker gasket there requires longer screws and strains the area around the attachment screws.
Those holes prone to cracking as there are only two mounting screws. Adding two more screws to attach the motor distributes the stress.
RichPugh
For the one circled in red I cut a strip of 3/16" foam and made regular notches and fit it around the blower.
Very thin double side tape works well between the housing and fan assembly. Use of a thicker gasket there requires longer screws and strains the area around the attachment screws.
Those holes prone to cracking as there are only two mounting screws. Adding two more screws to attach the motor distributes the stress.

Thanks Bruce!

I have some thin 3M double sided tape. I considered going around the housing ring instead of getting that new gasket. I saw in other posts that longer threaded mounting bolts were ideal due to the new gasket being thicker too.

As far as your 3/16" foam for the blower cage gasket... Did you just go around the outside of the fan cage? Was it like foam with a channel?

-Rich
RichPugh
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 20 2020, 08:36 PM) *

Mark

Hey Mark, are you guys still on schedule for around the 1st week of November for this gasket?
Mikey914
No, got sidetracked again. What Bruce mentioned can become a real mess if your not careful. These are a more difficult part to make in that the notches come back into the horizontal plane on the "flanges" if you want to call them that making for a more complicated tool. I'd say we are 3-4 weeks behind.
Mark
RichPugh
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 6 2020, 12:30 PM) *

No, got sidetracked again. What Bruce mentioned can become a real mess if your not careful. These are a more difficult part to make in that the notches come back into the horizontal plane on the "flanges" if you want to call them that making for a more complicated tool. I'd say we are 3-4 weeks behind.
Mark

No worries. Thanks for the reply. I will either make due with what I have or figure another option. It's not for a restoration by any stretch of the imagination but mine split so I was trying to avoid using it if a replacement part was available. Just come U-channel rubber or foam rubber would work... my old one can be mended also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.