Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: best outdoor car cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxster914
I need to store my Boxster outside (the 914 gets the garage spot) and I want to protect it from the elements. Can anyone recommend a good car cover for outdoor year round use? I am in North Carolina so I see a little bit of everything. My biggest concerns are UV protection and general avoidance of the deleterious effects of exposure.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(boxster914 @ Sep 21 2020, 11:36 AM) *

I need to store my Boxster outside (the 914 gets the garage spot) and I want to protect it from the elements. Can anyone recommend a good car cover for outdoor year round use? I am in North Carolina so I see a little bit of everything. My biggest concerns are UV protection and general avoidance of the deleterious effects of exposure.

@boxster914
look up Speedster Solutions, i had their top for mine when i didnt have the hard top on my boxster. its kind of like Perry's Umbrella cover for 914's but for boxsters. pefect fit, will protect your soft top, and paded on side to help protect from dings, otherwise the Microbead is great too. water proof, UV proof full cover with loops for cable and lock .

Phil
aharder
I bought a "Block It" from Covercraft, mine is indoor stored but I'm very happy with the fit of this cover.

They have a very good selection but there are a lot of different options out there.

DRPHIL914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 21 2020, 11:52 AM) *

QUOTE(boxster914 @ Sep 21 2020, 11:36 AM) *

@boxster914
look up Speedster Solutions, i had their top for mine when i didnt have the hard top on my boxster. its kind of like Perry's Umbrella cover for 914's but for boxsters. pefect fit, will protect your soft top, and paded on side to help protect from dings, otherwise the Microbead is great too. water proof, UV proof full cover with loops for cable and lock .

Phil

correction its roadster solutions:

http://www.roadstersolutions.com/page19.html
djway
I really like the covers made with NOAH fabric. I have heat and sun UV but no snow. The nice thing about NOAH is that it lets moisture out to avoid blistering the paint.
second wind
California Car Cover is the best in my book...very exact fit and the weather proofing is amazing....plus they honor their warranty....expensive but worth every penny....pm me for details..really the ultimate...years of experience with them and just the best there is....IMHO...
gg
steuspeed
California Car Covers Superweave fabric. They have a new Superweave premium for even hasher environments. I have owned NOAH covers. NOAH is a Kimberly Clark material used by others like CoverCraft. It just did not hold up here in Oregon rain. It can tear in heavy wind and the squirls like it for nest material. It's thick and soft on paint. Heavy rain soaks it then wicks away. It works well, bujt I moved up to superweave. Superweave is much like parachute material. It's very thin and more water repellant, Definitely get the mirror pockets. It helps with getiing it on. Don't bother with storage bag. You will never use it. Get a lock if homeless people are in your area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.