Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: advice on getting my fresh air controller and blower to work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
i have never had an operating fresh air fan. When i had the tank out for paint 2 years ago, i should have done the controller then, but i thought the issue was the fan , so i got a box that had been bench tested from someone as working, good resistors, but took it all apart and replaced the seals etc and reassembled and installed in the car only to find that issue is my contacts in the controller.
I only have slow fan speed, and any other position causes fuse to blow. Grounds are good, wires are good, have cleaned the slider contacts etc, but the board appears to have become warped. SO i have another one, could i disconnect the 3 wires and ground and jump them to my new one, to test it before going thru all the work of pulling the tank, airbox etc just to pull the controller to swap them out, I dont want to go thru all that without knowing this thing will work once installed and all back together!.

so -advice on that anyone??

Dr. Phil

bbrock
I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work. As long as you can get the wires to reach to plug in. Should also be able to test the controller with a multimeter by measuring resistance across each contact too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.