Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about pedal board mounting hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messick
The pedal board in my car was pretty broken, so when I had to take it out to get access to the front panel to do my tunnel fuel line replacement, I just ripped it out and bought a new aluminum Rennline one to put in later.

Now that I'm getting ready to put that one in, I'm realizing that some of the hardware had gone missing over the last 50 years. Specifically, the the bolts/washers that hold the board/carpet to the tunnel access panel on the right, and both the bolt/washer and the trapezoidal bracket thing on the left.

I guess the board had just been sitting there without being mounted for 20+ years.

Checking the PET and looking up part numbers, getting a new bracket and the bolts seem doable (albeit expensive) at the bird site, but the rubber "desk pad" thing that helps hold the carpet down on the right side seems to be NLA everywhere.

What do most people do if they need new hardware for this, besides not let the originals go missing? Just find bolt/washers that fit and leave out the desk pad and call it a day? Or is recommended that I go get the OEM bolts/washers and try to find a desk pad on eBay or something?
76-914
QUOTE(messick @ Sep 23 2020, 03:16 PM) *

The pedal board in my car was pretty broken, so when I had to take it out to get access to the front panel to do my tunnel fuel line replacement, I just ripped it out and bought a new aluminum Rennline one to put in later.

Now that I'm getting ready to put that one in, I'm realizing that some of the hardware had gone missing over the last 50 years. Specifically, the the bolts/washers that hold the board/carpet to the tunnel access panel on the right, and both the bolt/washer and the trapezoidal bracket thing on the left.

I guess the board had just been sitting there without being mounted for 20+ years.

Checking the PET and looking up part numbers, getting a new bracket and the bolts seem doable (albeit expensive) at the bird site, but the rubber "desk pad" thing that helps hold the carpet down on the right side seems to be NLA everywhere.

What do most people do if they need new hardware for this, besides not let the originals go missing? Just find bolt/washers that fit and leave out the desk pad and call it a day? Or is recommended that I go get the OEM bolts/washers and try to find a desk pad on eBay or something?

Your close to @bdstone914 Give him a ring. beerchug.gif
bdstone914
@messick
date='Sep 23 2020, 03:16 PM' post='2853719']

[/quote]

The right side of the pedal board attaches to a cover plate nut. I have them. I may have an extra left side trapezoidal piece. I think they are only $8 new from Pelican.
The screws a common 6mm x 1.0 x 20mm cap head allen screws.
messick
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 23 2020, 04:58 PM) *

@messick

The right side of the pedal board attaches to a cover plate nut. I have them. I may have an extra left side trapezoidal piece. I think they are only $8 new from Pelican.

$4.50 actually.

Let me know if you'd be willing to sell your extra hardware.
Mikey914
Make them if you need them.

https://914rubber.com/pedal-stop-for-accele...4-pedal-board-1

Also these

https://914rubber.com/accelerator-pedal-sto...912-914-and-930
$6 new
I know you don't need one, but we do make the pedal boards too (plywood). Some were made of particle board and were worthless.
bdstone914
@messick
' date='Sep 23 2020, 05:07 PM' post='2853746']
[quote name='bdstone914' post='2853745' date='Sep 23 2020, 04:58 PM']
@messick

[/quote]

$4.50 actually.

[/quote]

I pulled an extra set of hardware. Will post a picture later to confirm all of what you need.
messick
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 23 2020, 11:18 PM) *

@Mikey91

Yeah, I actually saw the plate on your site earlier, and I need to buy one.

What kind of rivets are those? The "just rivets" SKU on 914Rubber describes them described as "tubular" rivets, but they look like what I think of "pop" rivets. I need to buy a tool either way, so I want to make sure to order the correct one.
bdstone914
@messick

[/quote]

$4.50 actually.

[/quote]

I pulled an extra set of hardware. Will post a picture later to confirm all of what you need.
[/quote]

Here is a hardwars set. I have used owdal boards if yiu need one. I am in Riverside.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.