Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Visited my 914 Parts Car today (pics)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hey Guys,

I visited my private junk yard today to look at my 914-4 parts car. It's stored at an old high school buddy's (Fred) back 40-acre yard. We grew up together drinking out of the same corn liquor wide mouth fruit jar. He is a recluse type guy and is not known amoung the 914 & VW guys. He stores my 914 parts car amoung all his other secrete stuff. Everybody should have a friend like Fred.

The last time I was there I thought I noticed some faded Green paint (LE type) on the bottom. Sorry Bowlsby is not a grasshopper!!! Plain white 1974.

Here's a few pictures for your enjoyment. Anyone attending the MWC over the August 5th to 7th. 2005 can come over with your want list (free) if you attend. Reservations being taken. That's for out of towner's only. No SMOGer's.

Tom

TJB/914
Another showing the Fuch wheels with all the trim.
TJB/914
Pic #3 You know this 914 is not that bad.
TJB/914
Interior, Lots of good stuff. Original front Windshield w/VW logo
TJB/914
Has a 2.0 Liter F.I. motor Don't know the condition???
TJB/914
This is Fred's parts car. Has a very good (min) rust free body. Missing lots of stuff
TJB/914
Some junk body's around the place. 56 small window VW (rust free)
TJB/914
Another 914 that never got finished. Check out those rust free longs.
TJB/914
opps forgot to show the longs.
michel richard
This is in Michigan ! ! ! ? ? ? ?

Where ?

GWN7
Dash pad on Freds parts car looks kike it's in good shape
TJB/914
Michel.

Yes, Michigan. We keep these secretes from you out of towners. If you come to our MWC meet in August we will give out locations.

I am promoting the Mid-West meet in August 5th to th 7th can't you tell.

Really guys, Michigan is loaded with car stuff. The truth be told Ohio has lots of stuff too. The mid-west is a great car area. If you can come to our area, the Woodward cruse is a must attend. I think it's sometime mid to late August. It's a (2) day event that really starts a week early crusing Woodward Ave. Street Rods, Muscle Cars & everything with bling, bling. The SMOGers will be their in our 914's. The B.S.Chairman (914-6) is our leader at the cruse.

Tom
scotty b
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Jul 13 2005, 03:16 PM)
Some junk body's around the place. 56 small window VW (rust free)

drooley.gif drooley.gif Whatchu mean JUNK BODY ?angry:
SirAndy
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Jul 13 2005, 04:07 PM)
Sorry Bowlsby is not a grasshopper!!! Plain white 1974.

actually, it DOES look like a LE car ... wink.gif

can you get the VIN of the white car ???
idea.gif Andy
TJB/914
Another body in the junk yard. That's all for this evening.

Tom

Remember to sign up & attend our Mid West Classic Aug 5th thru the 7th. 2005
www.porsche914midwestclassic.com It's an International even with Mark from Ontario with his V/8 & 4cyl coming.
iamchappy
The chrome trim on those cars look to be in nice shape.
GaroldShaffer
Sent you my wish list biggrin.gif pray.gif
lotus_65
beer.gif i can't make mwc this year, but the car and i will be in frankfort in late august... can you give me a treasure map of the sleeping bear area?
p.s. my granny was born (and now rests) in plymouth...what a great little town.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.