Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JLO's engine and ventilation out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Not working for the month of July in between my old and new job is pretty nice...I can get to like this.... beerchug.gif

For JLO, I pulled the rest of the front ventilation and fuel tank to detail the front trunk/radiator compartment. I also pulled the motor for a fellow 914Club member who purchased the engine/trans combo to plug in his car.

Since I don't need the relay board for the V8 conversion, I unplugged the whole unit and it can be put in the new owners car and running in one day....not bad.... clap.gif

Here's a few pics of the day's work.....

Bill P.
nine14cats
Lots of bedliner overspray... barf.gif
nine14cats
Playing with radiator sheet metal...
nine14cats
first pass placement of sheet metal...
nine14cats
getting ready for the motor pull....
nine14cats
Motor shot before coming out....
nine14cats
motor out...
nine14cats
another shot of the motor....ready for it's new home!
lapuwali
In MY car! happy11.gif

I'll finally have a properly running 914 again. I'll bet that yellow tin will make it really fast...
Mueller
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jul 13 2005, 06:02 PM)
In MY car! happy11.gif

I'll finally have a properly running 914 again. I'll bet that yellow tin will make it really fast...

no way, you cannot have a running 914 before me smile.gif

oh wait, mine "runs" just not very well......

nice progress Bill smash.gif

lapuwali
JLO is going to be a pretty nice car with the V8. I drove it with the T4 in it, and it's a nicely sorted chassis with a very nice interior. I hope I get another ride it in post-conversion...

Mike, I still have to source a side-shifter linkage before I can stuff this into my car. I also need to relocate the fuel pump (PO stuck it in the trunk!) and clean out the fuel tank. I'm a few weekends away from getting it going, so you have some time left. wink.gif

Then I'll mess it all up trying to fuel inject it...
Mueller
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jul 13 2005, 06:29 PM)
JLO is going to be a pretty nice car with the V8. I drove it with the T4 in it, and it's a nicely sorted chassis with a very nice interior. I hope I get another ride it in post-conversion...

Mike, I still have to source a side-shifter linkage before I can stuff this into my car. I also need to relocate the fuel pump (PO stuck it in the trunk!) and clean out the fuel tank. I'm a few weekends away from getting it going, so you have some time left. wink.gif

Mark D. should be able to help you out with the linkage parts........

I installed a new fuel pump and fancy filters a few weeks ago...thought they looked good on the front bulkhead, bad idea if I ever want to put a spare tire or carry anything in the trunk...oh well, I'll just wait till the tank is low on fuel and move them again....

I bought the LC-1 WB02 cable assembly yesterday.....figured I was hogging the LM-1 too much
neo914-6

clap.gif Nice work Bill, did you decide how're you going to finish the engine bay?
nine14cats
Hi James,

You can be one of the first to get a ride in the V8 JLO. It should be sometime in August or September.

Felix,

For the engine bay detail, I'm leaning towards shooting it the same yellow as the exterior. I plan on painting the fuel tank a different color than black. Most likely red.

I'm also debating on how much of the ventilation system to put back in. I won't need much of it with the under dash heat/AC.

Lots of fun!

Bill P.
neo914-6
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Jul 14 2005, 05:19 AM)
I'm also debating on how much of the ventilation system to put back in. I won't need much of it with the under dash heat/AC.

Lots of fun!

Bill P.

You could use some stash space after losing the front trunk. I've always thought of mounting a box on the trunk to tank firewall for tools. Are you going to fit a spare?
Britain Smith
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jul 13 2005, 06:36 PM)
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jul 13 2005, 06:29 PM)
JLO is going to be a pretty nice car with the V8.  I drove it with the T4 in it, and it's a nicely sorted chassis with a very nice interior.  I hope I get another ride it in post-conversion...

Mike, I still have to source a side-shifter linkage before I can stuff this into my car.  I also need to relocate the fuel pump (PO stuck it in the trunk!) and clean out the fuel tank.  I'm a few weekends away from getting it going, so you have some time left.  ;)

Mark D. should be able to help you out with the linkage parts........

I installed a new fuel pump and fancy filters a few weeks ago...thought they looked good on the front bulkhead, bad idea if I ever want to put a spare tire or carry anything in the trunk...oh well, I'll just wait till the tank is low on fuel and move them again....

I bought the LC-1 WB02 cable assembly yesterday.....figured I was hogging the LM-1 too much

How much did you get the LC-1 for? I am going to get one for my car.

-Britain
ewdysar

Even with the heat and A/C unit, I would put back the fresh air stuff. My in dash RH heater replaced the stock air box, now I'm working on figuring a way to put it back in... confused24.gif That said, it's not very high on my priorities.

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.