Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73/74 914 Roller Project Lexington, KY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
ky914
I have a 73 914 1.7 Project that has been in my back pocket for about a decade. It was sagging and needed the rust issues resolved. Previously, it belonged to my FIL and the last time it was driven was after he got work done to convert to dual Weber carbs. He felt like the frame was unstable and parked it.

I found a tub to swap everything over to and I stripped all of the items off the old complete car and that is where it sits. I have all of the parts in storage and labeled ready to be reassembled.

I have too many projects and don't think I will have time to work on this for another decade so it is time to pass it on.

I have a hundreds of pics of the car(s). Not sure of the best way to share the images since Photobucket isn't a good option anymore. Does the community have any advice?

The rusted car that is now disassembled and parts only was a 73 and my tub is a 74. Looking to get $1,400 (now) $1,200 now $1,000 for the project which includes a tub and all of the parts to put it together again.

Let me know if you are interested or have any suggestions for ways to share the images.

73 google photos album with 120 images. - 73 914 prior to disassembly.

74 google photos album with 109 images - 74 Roller

Lot of work went in to taking everything off the donor car. Donor disassembly.
ky914
Looking for some advice here. This seems reasonably priced. I would think parts are worth the price alone. Any suggestions as to what I need to do to make this more enticing? I would like to get my storage space back.

Thanks for any advice.
dlee6204
Picture links aren't working for me confused24.gif
ky914
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Oct 7 2020, 07:29 AM) *

Picture links aren't working for me confused24.gif

I have tested the links on different pc's and they are working for me. Maybe the account is somehow remembering my information so it works for me but not you. Is anyone else having trouble with the links?
racer914
worked for me
roblav1
Looks to me like the yellow 73 is the more likely candidate to try and fix.
ky914
All of the parts have been removed from the 73 for transplant to the 74. The longs and battery tray were shot.
mobymutt
Seems like a good deal to me! I keep thinking about getting a new '74 tub. But a bit far...
ky914
Took some images of the parts for the 914 that were removed. Care was taken to organize and label the parts that were removed unless it was obvious what they were. I have 6 bins of parts in addition to the body panels, dash, carpet, spare tire, body panels, gas tank etc...

I also have some NOS parts like a blinker cover, windshield wiper arms, and a few other things. Chrome windshield trim and other chrome trim pieces are in good shape. Where possible I salvaged the existing rubber.

Here is the link to some of the photos of parts.

73 914 Parts

Here is the Engine...

Click to view attachment

Some miscellaneous pieces..

Click to view attachment

NOS Windshield Wiper Arm (I have both Drivers and Passenger and the passenger which cost about $60 from dealer)...

Click to view attachment

NOS Turn Signal Cover (This is $90 from a dealer)...

Click to view attachment

Full Album is here...

73 914 Parts

Let me know if you have any questions.
PaulFV8
PM sent. Thanks
ky914
QUOTE(PaulFV8 @ Oct 13 2020, 09:08 AM) *

PM sent. Thanks

Reply sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.