Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AAR Elbow?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
simonjb
My hose to connect to the AAR to the CSV crimps because the angle is too tight. Yes, I could buy a longer piece, but I am wondering if there is an elbow part that looks like what Jeff is showing in his diagram, circled in Yellow...near the AAR

Click to view attachment
dangrouche
I have the 2.0 and do not use any elbow fitting. more chances for a vacuum leak.
Bleyseng
Yes there is but I think I bought them from a VW bus parts supplier, so look online there
rhodyguy
'Stacked Elbow'. I think 914rubber is offering them. You need the 2 small pieces of connecting pipe too. Some of the other knockoffs offered are crap. When chasing vac leaks usually the last place looked.
Mikey914
We make them and provide with metal
https://914rubber.com/branch-piece-air-dist...with-fittings-1
rhodyguy
That's a pretty good deal.
JamesM
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 26 2020, 10:35 AM) *

I think he is looking for the other one, just the regular (13mm??) elbow 022.129.637
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 26 2020, 11:49 AM) *

I think he is looking for the other one, just the regular (13mm??) elbow 022.129.637

^^^ agree.gif a 90 degree elbow.
simonjb
QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 26 2020, 12:49 PM) *

Yes, correct. Thanks !!
Mikey914
Sorry, yes we have those too I say stacked elbow, and posted the wrong one. Have the hoses and metal connectors if needed for all

https://914rubber.com/split-y-aar-valve-1
dlee6204
QUOTE(simonjb @ Sep 26 2020, 03:58 PM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 26 2020, 12:49 PM) *

Yes, correct. Thanks !!

It’s available from several sources as it’s also used on VWs. The metal sleeves are not as easy to find.

Click to view attachment
porsche914rick
smash.gif
Frankvw
you can find them on type4 VW T2B as well and they are sort of similair:
022 129 637 (for type4 injection) - 8$
021 129 639 (for Type4 carbs) - 6$
021 129 637C (different sizes on each end) - 5$
Maybe that is an alternative in case you are not succesful to find one.
theer
I have an original one... it’s Yours for the cost of shipping.

EDIT: just realized this not the one you are looking for.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
bludden
This thread is helpful, as I need a new one of these, as mine is cracked. But it has a screw in the small opening, is this normal?Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Normal maybe. Factory correct no. The diagram at the top of the page shows the correct routing less the extra star in red.
If you look closely it should go to the decel valve. There is usually some creative plumbing to "fix" a problem. Are you running a stock FI setup?
bludden
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 24 2020, 11:41 AM) *

Normal maybe. Factory correct no. The diagram at the top of the page shows the correct routing less the extra star in red.
If you look closely it should go to the decel valve. There is usually some creative plumbing to "fix" a problem. Are you running a stock FI setup?

As far as I know I am. I ordered the part this morning so when I get it I will see if I can get it back to the original configuration, or if it acts odd, I'll know that there was some reason to do this. Thank you for your input!
JeffBowlsby
The vacuum hose diagram above is correct, as verified by Brad Anders. Many years ago there was a previous diagram (based on someone else’s diagram) where two of the decel valve hoses were interchanged and incorrect. Brad A researched the function of the decel valve (see his webpage) and I issued the corrected diagram above.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.