Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Oil pickup ---- FOUND
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Superhawk996
Starting to go thorough parts from GA000099. Didn't notice this upon disassembly.

Interesting fix if someone ends up Fuch'd like this. Bolt broken off. Someone created a hollow, threaded extension that just manages to catch what is left of the stud with a Nut welded to the tube extension.

Very Creative. Love it. Can't help but think partial blockage of the pickup tube isn't a good thing but maybe it worked. Bearings and crank weren't in bad shape but I'll have to take a closer look now.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

However, it won't do for a quality rebuild. Need a fresh oil pickup in decent shape.
carl k
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

@Superhawk996 I have this one. It measures 6.5" from centerline of fixing stud to furthest reach of tube.

-Carl
Superhawk996
@carl k

Carl thanks for reaching out. I've decided to pull trigger on some other parts and seller is throwing in a oil pickup. Really appreciate those that step forward when parts are needed. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.