Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hand Brake Pin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
74ravenna
I've spent a couple hours looking online at various Vendors for the tiny little retaining pin and clip that holds the Hand Brake Cable to the Hand Brake Lever.
My Pin is pretty well beat up and the clip is long gone.....probably vacuumed up!

Anyone know where to get these?

Photo attached.

TIA

Steve
Click to view attachment
cary
99916601002 ........... replaced part number, about $4.00. Same as the pin for the other end of the equalizer.

All the usual suspects. It is the pin for the 911 hood shock.
74ravenna
Thank you Cary.
mepstein
PMB Performance carries the different size pins but you have to call.
74ravenna
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 27 2020, 03:25 PM) *

PMB Performance carries the different size pins but you have to call.

Good to know. I have an order in with them right now but I need banjo washers for my MC install and I couldn't find those on their site, so I will call them.

Thanks.
bdstone914
@cary
date='Sep 27 2020, 10:06 AM' post='2854776']
99916601002 ........... replaced part number, about $4.00. Same as the pin for the other end of the equalizer.

[/quote]

The pin at the equalizer is longer. Maybe PET shows the same number but if hmthe pun at the handle is too long it can scrap on the carpet.
bdstone914
@74ravenna
date='Sep 27 2020, 09:02 AM' post='2854756']
I've spent a couple hours looking online at various Vendors for the tiny little retaining pin and clip that holds the Hand Brake Cable to the Hand Brake Lever.
My Pin is pretty well beat up and the clip is long gone.....probably vacuumed up!

Anyone know where to get these?

Photo attached.

TIA

Steve
Click to view attachment
[/quote]

A clutch clevis pin works well and can be removed with the handle in place.
cary
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Sep 27 2020, 01:52 PM' post='2854840']
@cary
date='Sep 27 2020, 10:06 AM' post='2854776']

[/quote]

The pin at the equalizer is longer. Maybe PET shows the same number but if hmthe pun at the handle is too long it can scrap on the carpet.
[/quote]

I'll let you know. I just ordered 10.
Not the same, one is an .01
mepstein
The early cars didn’t use a spring so they take a shorter pin. The later cars have a longer pin to hold the little arm that holds the spring. The pins are also used on the e-brake cable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.