Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jewelry
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
After all the hard work of stripping the car down to a shell and doing the body work, interior, trunks and underside paint ( I had the exterior done by a pro) it feels good to be putting some jewelry back on the car.

I was lucky to get in on the great bumper rechrome offered by Oscar a year or so ago, and am very happy with the results with the exception of a couple of small dents in the rear bumper that I did not notice upon inspection. I am sure this happened in shipping and is too late to do anything about now.

The new bumper tops from 914 rubber look great. I had a bit of an issue with the ends sticking out too much but was able to change their attitude with some clamps applied for a week or so. I am happy with the final result.
After watching Brent install his valances first, I am wondering if I installed these in the wrong order. I purposely did not install the rear valance for extra clearance when I install the engine.

The 5 lug conversion kit from PMB has been installed after a bit of a snafu, they sent the wrong front rotors, but made it right in the end. Everyone makes mistakes, it’s how they handle them that makes the difference. I had PMB rebuild all the calipers, the pressure regulator, and also purchased all new brake lines. So the braking system should be good to go.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
wysri9
That is looking fantastic! At a very similar stage to my own build albeit that we are on very different tracks......who will be first in the driving seat.......?? smile.gif
rgalla9146
Beautiful !
Great attention to detail.
Freezin 914
Looks wonderful! Please Keep posting updates, very motivating! idea.gif
Morph914
QUOTE(wysri9 @ Sep 28 2020, 03:49 AM) *

That is looking fantastic! At a very similar stage to my own build albeit that we are on very different tracks......who will be first in the driving seat.......?? smile.gif

Ha, I hope to have mine back on the road before the heat and humidity arrive again in May beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Looking good first.gif
Cairo94507
@Morph914 Your car is coming along great and looks terrific. beerchug.gif
tygaboy
John - That simply can't be the same car you got from me. The transformation is UNBELIEVABLE! Such a beautiful job! Big props and congrats to you. cheer.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif pray.gif

Get it all set to go then drive it to CA so I can say hi!
kroelofsen
smilie_pokal.gif VERY NICE!!!
Morph914
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Sep 28 2020, 08:22 AM) *

John - That simply can't be the same car you got from me. The transformation is UNBELIEVABLE! Such a beautiful job! Big props and congrats to you. cheer.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif pray.gif

Get it all set to go then drive it to CA so I can say hi!

Thank you, I tried to like the Delphi Green, but just could not. And I’ve never been one to like orange, but thought this car looked good in what is supposed to be Tangerine but has a little more red in it.

I hope you are safe, I’ve been following the fires and it appears very close to the area where you delivered my car. I tried to reach my friend but no word yet. Stay safe and some day I will return to Petaluma to get a ride in that beast of yours. driving.gif

Cheers,
John
Dion
Very good progress. It must be a great feeling to get some shiny bits back on.
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.