Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilt 915 : Best places to list for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Gearup
Hello Gents. Clearing out parts I have acquired over the years. Trying to get some Mullah together to help complete my LS1/Boxster S 914 project. This is a Non flipped 915. I bought it from a gentleman here in Denver who purchased it as a rebuilt unit. Looking for the best sites locations to list this thing. Thanks for any input.Click to view attachment
Gearup
Click to view attachment
JOEPROPER
List it right here. How much $$?
JOEPROPER
Double post.
mepstein
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Sep 28 2020, 08:21 AM) *

List it right here. How much $$?

agree.gif But if you want to sell it as rebuilt, you will need some sort of documentation or inspection. It might be all new inside or it might just be a really clean case. I've seen both called rebuilt.
Gearup
Good point Mark. I bought it from a gentleman I bought a bunch of stuff from. He bought the 915 as a rebuilt unit from another party and had it sitting in his shop. He Owns an Auto shop here in Denver and had one of the mechanics remove the side plate and inspect it the best he could from there. Mechanic said looked “Fresh and clean”. It has the erling sticker on it (they have rebuild sets for the 915) and it has a serial number on it. Anyone know if that number gives me any additional info? Lastly, carquip is Northof me a ways and I could pay to inspect it, however, not sure of the cost/reward scenario there.Click to view attachment
Gearup
Another pic Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
PCA7GGR
Your biggest marketplace for it would be the Pelican 911 used parts for sale or wanted site:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...ts-sale-wanted/
Gearup
Thank you
mepstein
Gearup - I'm in no way saying that what you have isn't fully rebuilt and worth every penny. I just skeptical about any prior claim of good running parts from anyone. My former boss and the owner of the shop has purchased many "good running and fully rebuilt" engines and trans. Some were like new, some were every piece of junk that could be found and assembled. One particularly bad engine came from a friend of his who purchased the engine 10 years earlier as a rebuilt engine by a "trusted source".

If it's a rebuilt aluminum 915, I'm guessing $5-6K. Find a way to document what you have to make top dollar.
Gearup
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 28 2020, 07:39 AM) *

Gearup - I'm in no way saying that what you have isn't fully rebuilt and worth every penny. I just skeptical about any prior claim of good running parts from anyone. My former boss and the owner of the shop has purchased many "good running and fully rebuilt" engines and trans. Some were like new, some were every piece of junk that could be found and assembled. One particularly bad engine came from a friend of his who purchased the engine 10 years earlier as a rebuilt engine by a "trusted source".

If it's a rebuilt aluminum 915, I'm guessing $5-6K. Find a way to document what you have to make top dollar.

Totally get it. And thank you. Sorry for calling you mike above. I know better:) Corrected
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.