Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High Performance House For Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coondog
45 year accumulation of Air Cooled Porsche Parts! More than you’ve ever seen! www.highperformancehouse.com

Just saw this on another site. Rich is asking 3 million for his business ??
I was in his shop last week and he didn’t bring it up in conversation. Best of luck to him, I always enjoyed talking with him. I think it would take 6 months to go through all his stuff
which is literally stacked from floor to ceiling in a very large building.
Cairo94507
Agreed - he has a ton of stuff. Been there too and I was speechless when I saw all the 914 parts. I hope he is able to sell and it all stays local with a new owner to continue looking after out NOS parts. beerchug.gif
JeffBowlsby
Where is the ad?
bdstone914
@JeffBowlsby
date='Sep 29 2020, 05:22 AM' post='2855187']
Where is the ad?

I saw it on facebook. No real info or pics. Just rhe price.
Mikey914
If it includes real estate I can see it easily being worth that.
Jett
Is this the same person that sells 914 parts on eBay? I have bought a few items from them smile.gif but hefty prices
Andyrew
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 29 2020, 06:56 AM) *

If it includes real estate I can see it easily being worth that.

agree.gif
mepstein
If I had 3 mill, it sure wouldn't go to investing in 914 parts. LOL.
rhodyguy
Agree on the building and land value. I imagine that area is pretty expensive real estate.
Gint
I haven't been over there in 15 years. Is all the stash still there?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 29 2020, 09:26 AM) *

I haven't been over there in 15 years. Is all the stash still there?

Yes. He's been selling parts on ebay but his warehouse seems as full as ever. He once told me that he parted out over 1000 cars.
By far the biggest 914 parts stash i have ever seen.

He was asking $1 million for the whole lot (including the building) some 15 years ago.
popcorn[1].gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 29 2020, 09:26 AM) *

I haven't been over there in 15 years.

They fixed the transmission (after hours) on my race car when I broke at Laguna Seca. smash.gif icon22_2.gif smilie_pokal.gif MDB2.gif
forrestkhaag
you guys are forgetting one thing as to actual value............... Redwood City is in California... lol-2.gif
Rand
A comment on his FB post suggests it does NOT include the building. $3million for only the inventory? I'm not saying the parts aren't worth it, I don't know. But the work to recover the money would be overwhelming!

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
QUOTE(Rand @ Oct 2 2020, 04:38 PM) *

A comment on his FB post suggests it does NOT include the building. $3million for only the inventory? I'm not saying the parts aren't worth it, I don't know. But the work to recover the money would be overwhelming!

Click to view attachment

Yeah that was me that asked. He seemed a pit pissy about being asked but seriously 3M?
After that it has to be moved organized. Storage racks and pallating racks. Not going to be a big or fast return on investment if ever.
billh1963
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 2 2020, 07:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Oct 2 2020, 04:38 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Yeah that was me that asked. He seemed a pit pissy about being asked but seriously 3M?
After that it has to be moved organized. Storage racks and pallating racks. Not going to be a big or fast return on investment if ever.

I remember Adam telling a similar story about 356 parts. Most parts are slow (if ever)movers. Sure, if someone needs a steering column you may get good money for it. But, if you have 100 of them, you won't sell a fraction of them in your lifetime
wes
I guess as they say, everything is for sale at the right price!
I’ve got a say the first time I was there my first thought was how could you find anything in there. After a couple of last minute needs I found you can ask for anything and he’s got an answer and knows exactly where it’s at for how much, do you want new or a good used one. Good guy with great stories around 914’s
infraredcalvin
Ask the guy on the bird in LA (Efren) who bought the big 914 lot and was trying to sell off how it went.

Post 76 says it all:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...ml#post10665780
mepstein
A couple years ago, we filled up a 44' & a 25" trailer with so many 911 parts, it bottomed out the suspension. Engines, transmissions, etc. 3 914-6 engines that snuck in. 50 356 engine cases. 25 911 engine cases. A nice haul but then it took up the 10K sq/ft shop floor for a week while we sorted and shut down all other work. Then we had to place in storage while putting parts up for sale. We made money but it was a huge hassle. At least there is a large market for 911 parts. There's probably a reason why after all these years, Rich still has the huge inventory that's up for sale.
raynekat
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 2 2020, 06:57 PM) *

A couple years ago, we filled up a 44' & a 25" trailer with so many 911 parts, it bottomed out the suspension. Engines, transmissions, etc. 3 914-6 engines that snuck in. 50 356 engine cases. 25 911 engine cases. A nice haul but then it took up the 10K sq/ft shop floor for a week while we sorted and shut down all other work. Then we had to place in storage while putting parts up for sale. We made money but it was a huge hassle. At least there is a large market for 911 parts. There's probably a reason why after all these years, Rich still has the huge inventory that's up for sale.

Plus his prices are god awful high normally.....
On parts that sometimes aren't in that great of shape.....
Just my minuscule experience with HP House.
EdwardBlume
I wish Rich all the best. He’s a good business man, a good father, a good man.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.