Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted 1.8 FI harness for a 1975
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rick 918-S
I have a friend locally that purchased a builder from CoPart. It had an engine fire and the harness is fried. Looking for a repairable harness. Need to be cheap. It for a 16 year old young lady that is extremely infatuated with 914's. She has wanted one for years and has made several visits to my garage over the years. Anyone have a 1.8 injection set up in a box on the back shelf collecting dust?
bdstone914
EDIT:
Sorry rick I only have the harnesses with al connectors cut off which I sold to Jeff.

I have a box of FI harnesses. Will see if i have a 75 harness.
Tell me what you like is a fair price. Willing to help a young owner.
Bruce

@rick 918-S
rick 918-S
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 29 2020, 08:38 AM) *

EDIT:
Sorry rick I only have the harnesses with al connectors cut off which I sold to Jeff.

I have a box of FI harnesses. Will see if i have a 75 harness.
Tell me what you like is a fair price. Willing to help a young owner.
Bruce

@rick 918-S

Hey Bruce!

Just pm me after you have a chance to check it out. I'm sure we can work it out. aktion035.gif
Mike D.
I might have one somewhere too, I'll look this week. IIRC, it might still be attached to the control unit!
If all else fails theres a bunch over on the samba in the bay window classifieds. $50-100
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Sep 29 2020, 12:19 PM) *

I might have one somewhere too, I'll look this week. IIRC, it might still be attached to the control unit!
If all else fails theres a bunch over on the samba in the bay window classifieds. $50-100

Same harness in a bay window?
JeffBowlsby
There is one on eBay right now. $179. Not mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-Nice-Conditio...wcAAOSwg4RfIIDQ
rcotten951
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 29 2020, 06:28 AM) *

I have a friend locally that purchased a builder from CoPart. It had an engine fire and the harness is fried. Looking for a repairable harness. Need to be cheap. It for a 16 year old young lady that is extremely infatuated with 914's. She has wanted one for years and has made several visits to my garage over the years. Anyone have a 1.8 injection set up in a box on the back shelf collecting dust?

PM sent If you still need one. Cheers, Russ
rcotten951

sent a pm, but this is the only way I could send pics. If you are still looking, $60 for the harness shipped or $80 for the harness and ECU. I do not know the condition of the ECU, was removed from a car that had not run for decades. Cheers, Russ
Click to view attachment
Mike D.
Sorry Rick, didn't find the harness I thought I had, found a Perfect 411 one and really nice Type 3 as well. I found the L jet computer, ran the PN and it cam up Vanagon...
I'm really just no help at all.........
Krieger
I have a working original FI relay I'd send you for $25. Bosch 0 332 514 103
Krieger
I have a working original FI relay I'd send you for $25. Bosch 0 332 514 103
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 29 2020, 12:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike D. @ Sep 29 2020, 12:19 PM) *

Same harness in a bay window?

Same connectors, Different layout.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rcotten951 @ Oct 1 2020, 07:22 PM) *

sent a pm, but this is the only way I could send pics. If you are still looking, $60 for the harness shipped or $80 for the harness and ECU. I do not know the condition of the ECU, was removed from a car that had not run for decades. Cheers, Russ
Click to view attachment

Thank you all for looking. Sent you a PM Russ. Thank you for posting this. I have been slammed with work and finishing my house build. I can finally take a few minutes for myself. The girl this harness is going to will be thrilled beyond belief.

Rick
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 3 2021, 08:19 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Thank you all for looking. Sent you a PM Russ. Thank you for posting this. I have been slammed with work and finishing my house build. I can finally take a few minutes for myself. The girl this harness is going to will be thrilled beyond belief.

Rick

Note that the 75 1.8L FI has a 7 pole AFM connector, and the 74 has 6 poles.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jan 3 2021, 11:28 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 3 2021, 08:19 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Rick

Thanks for the info Jeff! I will have my friend check to see what he has. Any other differences you are aware of we should be looking for?
ClayPerrine
Rick,
PM me if you need anything else. I have L-Jet parts for both 74 and 75. I can hook you up.

Clay
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 4 2021, 04:41 AM) *

Thanks for the info Jeff! I will have my friend check to see what he has. Any other differences you are aware of we should be looking for?

Thats the telltale. The 74 and 75 are not interchangeable.
rick 918-S
I just received a text from my friend. The car is a 75.

Russ' harness went to a good source. thanks Clay, I will give you a call.
ClayPerrine
Rick,
I told Betty about this. She wants a picture of the car.

And tell her to sign up on World.

Clay
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 4 2021, 12:06 PM) *

Rick,
I told Betty about this. She wants a picture of the car.

And tell her to sign up on World.

Clay

I sent my friend Lowell a text about Betty's request. He is a repair shop owner so he has the ability to repair the engine if we can source the parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.