Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Late 1989 Chalon I Built
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I had Brazilian Puma GT wheels that where opened up centers to use on the stock 914 hubs. Heard that the car got thrashed out in the mid 1990's.
Root_Werks
People can say what they want about the Chalon, but done right (like yours), look really good. Nicely done!

Sad to know it's probably not with us any more.
914Sixer
Thanks, the car was done correctly and was a head turner at the time.
Superhawk996
Back in the day (about 1989) I wanted a Chalon so bad . . . but was worse off than broke.

Nice build.
bbrock
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Sep 29 2020, 05:09 PM) *

Back in the day (about 1989) I wanted a Chalon so bad . . . but was worse off than broke.

Nice build.

Ditto (both on the wanting and brokeness), and will admit to still having a soft spot for well executed examples. I have zero interest in them now, but still appreciate how tastefully they modernized the style for the time.
barefoot
Looks like mine's the same color, but the bodywork is a little different, presume whoever built mine back in the day did the re-work when installing the kit.
No accordion bumper extensions, no big rubber bumper extensions, rear fender air scoops (where my aux oil cooler resides).

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Mike Fitton
One of the ugliest kits for these cars that was invented. By mid 90's you couldn't give these kits or cars away! Still can't, Lol!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.