Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Importation of Parts from Germany
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
db9146
This isn't an add for parts but it pertains to parts so here goes.

I have found some parts that I would like to import from Germany. I have a firm price from the seller. He is asking for a wire transfer prior to shipping but will consider other options within reason. I would like to find something like an "escrow" service such that I pay for the third party for the parts, I pay the shipping company (UPS) for the delivery, and the money gets released.

Anyone know of such a service? Or another way to accomplish this? UPS will not do international COD and while I hate to sound so skeptical of our fellow human beings, I would not be offended if the shoes were reversed.

Any ideas? The total is about $1100 for the parts. Not a lot but more than I want to throw away.

bondo
Is the seller's email from outblaze.com? smile.gif
db9146
Nope.
bondo
QUOTE (db9146 @ Jul 13 2005, 07:08 PM)
Nope.

That's good, every nigerian scam I've ever gotten was from outblaze.com. smile.gif

Will they take paypal? That offerss om protection (wire transfers offer none). Maybe somebody here can help on the germany side of the atlantic? I know ebay has an escrow program, but I think the item has to be purchased on ebay to use it, and it may not work for international stuff.
bondo
Oh, if you use paypal, use a credit card to pay... If paypal decides to ignore you (which they often do), a chargeback on the credit card gets their attention real quick. Also, make sure shipping is relatively expedient, as there are time limits on these things.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.