Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Used Front Rotor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mathman
Does anyone have a good used front rotor they'd be willing to part with? I'm looking for the late style, and it needs to have enough meat to resurface it. Thanks in advance!

Alan
mepstein
A lot of times it's cheaper and easier to buy a rotor at flaps than pay for shipping and resurfacing.
bdstone914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 29 2020, 07:31 PM) *

A lot of times it's cheaper and easier to buy a rotor at flaps than pay for shipping and resurfacing.

agree.gif

The wear tolerance is only 1mm. I think new ones are about $65. Paying $15 to resurface a used rotor with little life life left does not make much sense.
76-914
I may have one. Yours for the cost of shipping if it’s good. I’ll mic it tomorrow. .373” sticks in my mind as min. I’ll have to look it up. Unless you run your pads to metal or really heat up your 914 brakes the rotors should last a long time
Mathman
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 29 2020, 11:04 PM) *

I may have one. Yours for the cost of shipping if it’s good. I’ll mic it tomorrow. .373” sticks in my mind as min. I’ll have to look it up. Unless you run yourself pads to metal or really heat up your 914 brakes the rotors should last a long time

That would be awesome! The rotors say .374" minimum. O'Reilly's and AutoZone don't seem to carry them, and NAPA wants $100 each. Even online, they're still $85 + shipping. I'm just trying my best to get back on the road before the driving season ends. If it's good, PM me, and I'll get you the details. Thanks!
ndfrigi
deleted
betz
$58 from rockauto

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/porsche...+hub,rotor,1896
76-914
It mic'd it at .395. That doesn't give you much to turn off. I'd go with that $58 one new from Rock Auto. beerchug.gif
Mathman
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 1 2020, 02:09 PM) *

It mic'd it at .395. That doesn't give you much to turn off. I'd go with that $58 one new from Rock Auto. beerchug.gif

Hahaha! I would, if it were actually in stock! Thanks for checking, anyway.
Chris914n6
amazon has 1 sometimes.

It took me months to find someone that actually had new german rotors in stock, back in march...

it was carid.com that had most of my list first and probably half was drop shipped.

pmb might have them now too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.