Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Snap On Tools?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smooth_eddy
I ordered a set of feeler gages from Snapon.com They arrived today. Receipt said snap on but the tool itself said Blue Point. WTF is that? Eddy
Lou W
Blue Point is not Snap On, however, I have purchased Blue Point off my friends Snap On truck. If you were paying for a Snap On tool, you should have gotten Snap On.
TimT
Its Snap-On... just with another label..

smooth_eddy
Well I ordered a snap on set from their web page. Guess I got the old switch-er-oo trick. idea.gif
MecGen
I had this conversation with the tool man

Snap-on = Made in USA
Blue Point = Overseas.

Feller guages do not exsist in pure Snap-on...they have to stay competitive

Later
Joe

beerchug.gif
sportlicherFahrer
IMHO
Snap-On: is fuchin expensive, has Lifetime warr., high quality
Blue Point: is a little cheaper, has same warr., almost same quality

Same mother company

Some of thier products are like that though. Ive got a couple ratcheting wrenches that are made by Snap-On, but since they were made overseas, they are no bluepoint.

Sears Craftsman stuff is about the same ON SOME PRODUCTS. I usually end up getting thier stuff. Its local and convienient if you break a tool you need that day.
smooth_eddy
I guess I just want to know when ordering if it's the real deal or an import. I sent off an email to snap on telling them I was pissed off for advertising snap on and sending blue point and enclosing a snap on receipt. They should disclose up front what they are going to send. Eddy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.